CD Burning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Burning question

I was talking to my systems administrator this morning and they are running into a problem with this piece of software they are using. What is happening is that when they burn a copy of the program they install, the copied CD transfers the files HD at a much slower rate then the Orginal CD does. He was telling me its like a 5 to 1 difference between the two. The CD was burned using lastest EzCd creator 5 with the data getting saved the the HD before getting getting burned to the CD.

In all my years of Coping CDs I've never run into a problem like this...any suggestions?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Some old cdroms (or even not very old, but just crappy) and first dvdroms I've seen had huge probems with reading cdrw's and even cdr's...what are the ones used there?
    Or did they try burning at much lower speed and saw any differences after that?

Comment

Could definitely be, as Nowhere pointed out, the drive. Lots of drives have much slower speeds for CD-R or CD-RW. In fact, even MODERN drives have much lower speeds, it's just that you can't tell as much when it's 36x instead of 48x. But when it's 1x instead of 12x... that's a big deal.

Or, it COULD be the way it was burnt. EZ Coaster Creator is a BOD.

Gpar_
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Well the machines they are burning and putting them on are 4 month old Dell Workstations. As far as I know...the CDs they are making copies of are copies of the orginal CD.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Have them try using the Nero demo, or the RecordNow demo.

Gpar_
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Single track, closed session, DAO?

Comment

Crappy CD-Rs?
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
              X