How to set auto dialup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set auto dialup?

I have a connection via HiS terminal, which, although it's always on etc. connection, is seen by system (winXP SP1) as standard fully hardware external modem connected via serial. And I'm connecting immediately after login and staying connected all the time.
    Is there a way to do this automatically? Putting shortcut to autostart doesn't work...

When you say the autostart shorcut doesn't work, I gather you've checked that you aren't already online?

The reason being that it may just be you're already online, but the icon doesn't show in the systray, because the "Network Connections" service wasn't yet started when you connected. You can check this by going to "Network Connections" and do an F5 (refresh). If you're already online the icon will pop up in systray.

Anyway, the way I do it though is making sure the password is saved on the dial-up profile and unchecking the 4 boxes on "dialing options". Then I go to "Advanced -> Dial-up Preferences" in "Network Connections" and uncheck the "Always ask me before autodialing". Lastly, but most important is to make sure the "Remote Access Auto Connection Manager" service is set to "Automatic". This way the connection will be made whenever a program references a remote DNS or NetBIOS name or address and you don't need a shortcut in the "Startup" folder.

Kim
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Working...
    X