• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft: DirectX 8.0

It'll be available this Saturday for download:

http://www.digitalproducer.com/aHTM/...t_directx8.htm

[This message has been edited by Jerrold Jones (edited 09 November 2000).]

Why should we care? DirectX n.0 updates have been amoung Microsoft's most efficient system wreckers, second only to Internet Explorer updates.

--wally.

Comment

Because presumably there is a fixed version of the M$ DV codec included in this build.

This would be great news for Pyro and other basic DV card users, but only if (as you pointed out) the damn thing doesn't create more bugs than it fixes.

Kinda like Windows2000

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 10 November 2000).]

Comment

"DX8 Compatible V4/5 Drivers 3:57 AM (your time) - Manveer "Eidolon" Heir - Hardware: 3dfx - (24)
        Wow, DirectX 8 isn't even out yet and 3dfxgamers already has the Windows 95.98/ME drivers for the Voodoo 4 and Voodoo 5. You can download the Windows 2000 version here. You can read what it fixes here as well. These sick puppies weigh in at 8.37 Mb and come with a pack of condoms and some Crisco.

These drivers are compatible with DX7 and DX8. However, if users wish to use DX8, this is the driver that is compatible. - Andrew Fear, 3dfx."

And when can we se drivers from matrox that support dx8? Perhaps if we are lucky before christmas 2002.

Comment

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Pyro! Pyro!

Woo-hoo YEAH!

Comment

I've read reports on other forums that people run into problems with Directx8, like USP hangups etc.
            Directx8 is about 11 Mb to download, needs 50 Mb for install and 15 Mb for run.
            I couldn't find the notice on the M$ English site what the Swedish site says before download the damn thing, that Directx8 changes the system and kernel, so you CAN'T UNINSTALL Directx8. M$ doesn't support uninstallation.
            I wonder, what can be so fantastic with Directx8?

On the other site, people say that Win ME is great.
            Could be, but I kicked it out, long way out from my computer.
            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

http://130.236.238.27:8080

There you can get the enlgish version if you thing the M$ site is too slow.

Comment

Working...
              X