Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video capture from TV: teletext ?

Hello,

Perhaps a strange question, but if you record a TV-program using a capture card, are the teletext pages captured as well ?

I know most capture cards support teletext, and I know the teletext signal is transfered over regular cinch video cables, but does the captured signal contain all necessary info to use the teletext upon playback ?
    (possible use: most programs on BBC are broadcasted with ceefax subtitling)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

No, they never have for me.

But I guess they could if your capture card does not crop out the teletext stuff above the black border on each frame...the little dots
    Last edited by Marshmallowman; 20 August 2003, 18:44.

Comment

Well, I haven't found this feature mentioned in specsheets... Most likely it won't exist...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I very much doubt it. The teletext info is contained within the vertical synch lines. These are removed in computer video (otherwise, you would see some funny speckling at the top of each frame) and reconstituted when a PAL signal is sent out to an external device, but as plain synch lines.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
        X