Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 300D - 6 mpx SLR for <1100€?!

woohoo!

that should put some pressure on the other companies - if they didn't cut the technology to the bone.

I wonder why dpreview has nothing up so far?

キヤノンの公式グローバルサイトです。キヤノンのビジョン、経営戦略、事業領域、最新ニュースをはじめ、会社情報、投資家情報、サステナビリティ活動、およびキヤノン株式会社の採用情報などをご覧いただけます。

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Yes, strange that dpreview is behind... The forums are filled about it...

I'm actually amazed by the low price point. Canon Germany has it on their site for €1099.

Strange thing about the lens though: you can have a version with accompaning lens (quite cheap, about €100), but this lens doesn't fit on other cameras though. The reason - as I have read - is that it protudes quite a lot into the camerabody, but in the 300D, the mirror flips up in a different matter (than in other cameras), so it doesn't matter. It is compatible with standard Canon lenses though.

I wonder if they are not undermining the 10D with it (after all, a lot of amateurs just want a digital SLR, and at first sight I don't see that many advantages of the 10D over the 300D, apart from some buffer, some settings and perhaps the metal body)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I think the 300D is meant to fill a market hole between the G5 and the 10D. To me it is an odd sort of compromise that doesn't bring anything except price. The silver body is meant to keep in on the consumer side and not piss off the pros.

If I wanted to get back into heavy cameras and lenses, I would go straight for the 10D and not screw around.
      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
      Who cares?

Comment

Working...
      X