Suggestions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions Needed

I'm looking for the right card for my new system. I plan to run it with a digital LCD display (IBM T55D) and may want to edit some video from my camcorder (Sony TRV-10). I own one of the older Matrox Millenium and am very happy with it but now I need something better. Does Matrox make a model that fits my need? Do they have one with DVI and firewire? Thanks for any comments.

Hi,

I'm not sure what you're asking but for Matrox firewire and analogue video, do a search here about the RT2000.

HTH.
    Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

I think the key question is if the IBM LCD display you plan to use has analog or only digital inputs. If it has analog inputs it'll "work" with any VGA like video card and thus the RT2000, Marvel, etc are OK.

If its a digital input only LCD panel I don't have any suggestions to offer.

I've used an analog input Dell 1280x1024 LCD display in our lab with all sorts of "standard" video cards under win9x, w2k and Linux. All it needs is a card capable of 1280x1024 at 60Hz which is most anything these days. Its usuable at lower resolutions but it either doesn't fill the screen or the "zoom" feature softens text too much for my taste -- but 1280x1024 is sweet!

--wally.

Comment

Working...
      X