Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait over for fast beer!

YES!!!!

There is encouraging news for beer-lovers with an invention in Britain which drastically speeds up the time it takes to pour a drink.

The new device can pour a pint of beer in just five seconds.

It could eventually mean the end of long waits at the bar, as the new dispensing system can pour 10 pints of beer in less than a minute.

The system has been developed by a brewer and an industrialist and can pour lager at record speeds in half-pint, pints and four-pint jug servings.

The dispenser serves lager at two degrees Celsius and is expected to be especially popular at places like theatres where there is a big rush to the bar at intervals.

Print Email
    Australia's leading source of information and entertainment
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

This isn't a problem in America where most of the beer on tap is crappy enough that they just keep the pour going and don't care if some spills over :P

Comment

Hey! Where'd my post in this thread go? *sniff*

Ok, I'll just repost.

------------

Rylan:

I wasn't aware that the swill they serve in the USA was actually beer... in fact, the DEFINITION of beer (Webster and Oxford agree with me, incidentally) is:
      An alcoholic beverage consisting of slowly fermented barley malt and flavored with hops.
      For the uninitiated, that means beer must contain:

- Water
      - Yeast
      - Barley Malt
      - Hops

It CAN contain other things. But that must be clearly stated. For example, Julie really enjoys fruity beers. But if I buy a "Wachusett Blueberry Ale", I get exactly that - an ale with blueberries in it.

The Japanese brew RICE beer. And they call it that. Every single can/bottle says "RICE BEER" (well it actually says rice beer in JAPANESE, but hey...) on it.

Budweiser, Coors, Michelob, etc. all brew rice/corn beer. It contains no malted barley. It often contains very little in the way of hops. So fully half of the "beer" is missing. Only shoddy US beverage labeling laws allow it to be sold as beer.

So the stuff they spill in bars across the country - is rice/corn malt liquor. Not beer.

Gpar_
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I ask for Beck's everywhere I go but people here think that nasty shit from Mexico is what is meant by imported beer. It's almost impossible to find Beck's dark at a restaurant here.

Comment

The worst part is that Becks has a nasty tendency to ship in green bottles. So if it's not on tap, it's likely skunked by the time it gets to your part of the world.

Nothing worse than paying restaurant prices for skunked beer.

Gpar_
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I don't mean to burst your bubble Guru, but I think I've posted that before.

Gimme a sec to find the thread in the Graveyard, er, I mean Soap Box.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Found it.

But it doesn't talk about speed, just the temp and the "heading" of the beer.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

fits somehow

Benefits of Drinking Beer - An Interesting Theory

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, and when he herd is hunted, it is the lowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole keeps improving by the regular culling of the weakest members.
                In much the same way, the human brain can operate only as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills off brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest cells first. In this way, regular consumption of alcohol eliminates the weaker cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. The results of this in-depth epidemiological study verifies and validates the causal link between all-weekend parties, and the achievement of excellence in all disciplines. It also explains why, after a few short years after leaving university and getting married, most workers cannot keep up with the performance of the new graduates. Only those few who stick to the strict regime of voracious alcohol consumption can maintain the intellectual levels that they achieved in their college years.

If you feel that you are losing your competitive and technological edge, do not sit and shudder at home - get back into the pub. Your company needs you to be at your peak, and you should not deny yourself the sparkling career that you deserve!!!!!

Rakido
                "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

That "theory" is SOOOO wrong
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm For the uninitiated, that means beer must contain:

- Water
                    - Yeast
                    - Barley Malt
                    - Hops

It CAN contain other things. But that must be clearly stated. For example, Julie really enjoys fruity beers. But if I buy a "Wachusett Blueberry Ale", I get exactly that - an ale with blueberries in it.
                    Gurm, it seems that you're quoting the Reinheitsgebot. A German beer purity law that says that beer can only contain barley malt, hops, yeast and water.

You can perfectly make a beer without the limitation of only using malt, water, hops and yeast. Altough most beers would contain water, yeast, or some malt. E.g. it's perfectly possible to make a beer without any hops.

Julie could buy (and drink ) a fruitty beer here, e.g. Kriek, Framboise, Gueuze, etc those beers mainly use fruit (cherries) instead of malt and it's still called a beer.

It would be lovely if there was a legislation that forces brewers to list the main ingredients of there beer .

edit changed Framboos to Framboise
                    Last edited by KeiFront; 21 August 2003, 10:22.
                    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

The quick beer pulling device was piloted during the Rugby World Cup (or perhaps the six nations...) in Cardiff.

I'm more of a cask ale person myself....
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Kei,

It may be called "beer", but the tongue is firmly in the cheek. Your Lambics are, in fact, QUITE nice to drink. But they aren't "beer".

Gpar_

Comment

In one my locals they need more staff unfortunatley they wouldn't fit behind the bar. Should see the landlord on match day sometimes when it's five deap at the bar.
                          Other thing the beer and cheap is good so one doesn't want to go elsewhere. After the match is okay a lot quieter.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                            But they aren't "beer".
                            They are beer .
                            Made some mistake in my initial post, it's offcourse Framboise instead of Famboos and it's made of raspberries.

edit changed Framboos (dutch word for framboise) to Framboise
                            Last edited by KeiFront; 21 August 2003, 10:22.
                            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Frambois?

IIRC even lambics have grain in them... although it's most likely wheat instead of barley.

Gpar_

Comment

Working...
                              X