Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Althon64 Movie

Not sure the last line is a joke or not

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Cool

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hehe, cool!

Comment

According to what it does in seti 2GHz Opteron whil be a PR 1000+ or something!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Kool and silly all at once.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

saw that yesterday, thought it was old news, lol

but nevertheless, its a cool movie

Can't wait for Athlon 64

btw: Opteron is slow at seti? that's kinda surprising! (fast ALU, huge cache :?)

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
              According to what it does in seti 2GHz Opteron whil be a PR 1000+ or something!
              SETI means almost nothing. It's very dependent upon optimized code. While working for HP I saw optimized SETI clients perform at 220% of the speed of previous clients. See? Meaningless.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Looking forward to Athlon64!

Cool movie by the way!

Comment

Cool but silly at the same time
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

hehe, it'll interesting to see how it performs when it's out.

Comment

Yeah.. it's only 2 years late. Would have been the most awesome thing out there if they had gotten the thing out on time.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                        Yeah.. it's only 2 years late. Would have been the most awesome thing out there if they had gotten the thing out on time.
                        That's probably been said about every major processor development, ever. Except maybe PCXU, which I think held the lead for a year.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I suppose that's true.. the speed with which the process is tweaked and the existing design is made faster is usually the more meaningful thing. Look how quickly they scaled the original Athlon from 500 to 1000.. or the P4 to 3200 (a la Paulie ) This was what really made the competition.. not the date of initial release.

Comment

Should be a great movie, er cpu.
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                            X