DC10+ or DC30 pro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC10+ or DC30 pro??

Has anyone played with either of these cards and can comment on the capture quality of them? Is there much of a difference since the hardware on them is similar? My only reservation about looking at these 2 cards is that they are MJPEG ONLY, no YUY2 hack available.

I currently have a Matrox Marvel g200 and have been pleased with it for the most part but its lack of 3d punch has finally caught up since my dual voodoo2 12 meg cards are not able to keep up with some of today's games.

Your likely gonna ask what I plan to do with the cards.lol. Nothing special home video type stuff plus I like to play with music videos so that kind of stuff too. Thankyou for your time.

Laterz,
    phx

I have a Marvel G200 and a DC30+. I purchased the DC30+ since I was unhappy with the capture on the Marvel.

The Marvel was having problems with macrovision (which the DC30+ ignores) and I was getting shifts in the picture (to the right and down). When the captured picture was played back you could see the sync lines which should be hidden in the bottom/top of the picture.

If you like to see some captures from a DC30+ you can go to http://www.rgbtosvideo.com and click on stills on the left column. Just click on the image for a full size vesion. All these were captured through S-Video with the highest possible datarate (about 7MB/s) and largest framesize (768x576) by myself.

As to the difference between the DC30+ and the DC10, I have no idea.

Salacious

Comment

Hello phxstudio

Sorry for the brief reply but it's late, I'm tired and I wanna go to bed. I have had a DC30+ for well over a year now.

The DC30+ shits big time over the toy DC10. the quality of output from the DC30+ with SVHS input is excellent. That coupled with miro instant video and a full copy of Adboe Premier stuffs the 10 out of the park.

Guess it depends on what you're going to be doing. If it just fooling around then the 10 will do the business. If you're more serious then you should be looking at the 30+

Hope this helps

Pooh
      ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Comment

Working...
      X