Hardware prices in Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware prices in Korea?

My mother will be flying to Korea next month, and asked if I needed some hardware, which might be cheaper over there.

Now I definitely could use some upgrades, but I'm not really sure if it's really cheaper in Korea than here - and what about customs?

Thank you.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Cheaper for some things yes, the thing you have to remember is if it breaks warenty is PITA
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Also, if you want something really modern, it probably won't be much cheaper. I saw in some other Asian countries that the really cheapo stuff is there, but it's old technology (say, 12 months). If you want the latest and bestest, it's even difficult to find. I wanted to price DVD-R blanks in the biggest hi-tech mall in Bangkok 11 months ago. I was met by blank stares in over 50 shops. Only two had them, one offering Pioneer and Memorex at ~$1 each. When I asked for 100, they said come back in 2 weeks. They had 1 Pioneer and 2 Memorex actually in stock! The other had one only of an unknown make at ~90 c.

I'm not saying it is necessarily the same in Seoul, but it may be.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hmm.. know of a site that lists prices? (preferably a site I can read )

I know there's pricewatch for japan, but there must be a similar thing for Korea.

AZ

Comment

Actually I don't know where my mother will be in Korea, I'll ask. Probably Seoul or Pusan.

I don't want the latest and greatest. I just want an update to my Duron 1300, 256 MB DDR, and Kyro II

AZ

Comment

In which case, you will probably be able to get a 12 month old m/b, CPU and memory for a hundred bucks, with Windows XP (pirated) thrown in, if what I saw in Bangkok is anything to go by

I think these retailers buy up the last but one version of everything for a song. You could almost pay your airfare with what you coulld save by going there
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
            X