Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hmm, would you buy WIndows XP and Office at a piffling $36?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm, would you buy WIndows XP and Office at a piffling $36?

yes that's the price it going to be in Thailand!

If that was the price here, pirating would be a non-issue.

Comment

yup
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

What? No activation? WTF!? I might actually like XP if there was no activation.

Comment

Wow.
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I sure would.

Still I guess I'd use OpenOffice most of the time - it's less bloated.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hope it is in english... cos if so we can get any friends dropping by there to grab some for us.. however i believe that price is only for the Home edition.. i dont mind paying USD 50 for the pro ver without the office package
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I guess I can buy u guys some if u want But I'm pretty sure the promotion is for the Thai-language version. I'll look into it.
                All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

That's the whole thing, if M$ lowered their prices so that NORMAL ppl could afford them then pirating wouldn't be such an issue, as Novdid put it.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                    That's the whole thing, if M$ lowered their prices so that NORMAL ppl could afford them then pirating wouldn't be such an issue, as Novdid put it.
                    and MS wouldn't be making tons of money like they are right now, and would upset their shareholders. MS is a company, not a bunch of programmers who write software in their spare time and give it away for nearly free (ok, ok, only sporadicly when they think giving it away for 38 USD is better than those people using linux instead, but I doubt they'll make much/any money on it at that price).

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                      and MS wouldn't be making tons of money like they are right now, and would upset their shareholders. MS is a company, not a bunch of programmers who write software in their spare time and give it away for nearly free (ok, ok, only sporadicly when they think giving it away for 38 USD is better than those people using linux instead, but I doubt they'll make much/any money on it at that price).
                      Yeah I know. But their software is so damn expensive though.
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

And they are guilty of abusing their monopoly. They should have lost a lot of control of their product after that.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

LOL... that's a new one from Microsoft!

but its the register... so do we really trust this news or not?

Comment

I don't actually consider their software to be expensive.

I paid £200+ for win2k and have have no obligation to paying the same again when I upgrade, and that won't be to XP.

Way I see it, I paid £200 for a piece of software allowing me to run any app I want, and has only crashed once in the last 2+ years, games go down now and then but I don't count that. Also from my point of view, 3D Max user, FPS whore and Dreamweaver lover there is no alternative.

On the other hand paying over £5 for 95-98 is a complete joke.

Comment

Working...
                            X