Firmware upgrade for Linksys WAP54G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware upgrade for Linksys WAP54G

I'm trying to update the firmware on my WAP54G and I download the file off the linksys site and unzip it and there is no extcable file to update the access point. Does anyone know of one that has it or am I missing something?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

You have to nab the executable, or else TFTP the bios onto the unit.

If you access the unit via:

You can probably upload the BIOS via a web form.

Gpar_
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Well problem is that is the IP address is to my router linksys router....and the IP addy to the WAP is 192.168.1.245 and for some strange reason when I try to log on to it I can since it doesnt want to take the default password even though I reset it! GRRRRR

I was reading the PDF directions (all my hardcopies are packed up for my move) and it said you just needed to run the excutable that comes with the file...and I dont have one and the file is off the linksys site!

Comment

ok I'm idiot...just found out that I dont need a username to log into the WAP, just a password.

Still don't have the updated BIOS for it yet....

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
          ok I'm idiot...just found out that I dont need a username to log into the WAP, just a password.
          That got me once, too.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You can get the browser to remember the password by using "%20" as the username.
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Ok I'm offically a moron

I figured it.... you upgrade the WAP by going into help and then hit the button that says upgrade firmware. Simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                Ok I'm offically a moron

I figured it.... you upgrade the WAP by going into help and then hit the button that says upgrade firmware. Simple as that
                How does that make you a moron?

Why put it in the help section?
                By that logic every function in the router would go in the help section.

chuck
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Certainly not a moron...
                  Now I know that there is a newer revision of the firmware to DL and try out...

thanks
                  Craig
                  1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Working...
                  X