3ivx codec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ivx codec?

I got a file encoded using 3ivx. I've looked around, but it looks like I'd have to install some player to get it. I'm not a fan of installing players. Anybody know where I can get a codec?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Yeah. Install DIVX 5, it will most likely decode it. If not, you can get it as part of any of a dozen codec packs, specifically the K++ Codec Pack has it.

This is the original hacked MPEG4 codec that both DIVX and XVID are descended from. Usually you see things in 3ivx fast-motion, but every once in a while you see 3ivx slow-motion.

Oh, and it's probably also TECHNICALLY 3ivx;-) or 3ivx:-)

Gpar_
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

3ivx is different from divx 3 (the ms mpeg-4 hack).

you can get the 3ivx decoder filter here: http://www.3ivx.com/download/index.html

regards,
      tony
      nospam

Comment

Tonny's right Gurm. I know DivX etc. pretty well. This is something else.

Tonny, thanks for the link, but I'd already found it, and they seem to be installing more than just a codec.
        Last edited by Wombat; 14 August 2003, 15:49.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

ffdshow should be able to decode it?
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Nope, I have ffdshow. Unless there's some magic trick I need, it's not going.

Comment

The k-lite pack has the 3ivx codec. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X