X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle at [H]ard OCP bashes nVidia

YEE....HAWWWW....

Kyle has seen the "Light".....

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Maybe nVidia forgot to send him a pre-release board too
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Sorry guys, time to face the facts that while it's obviously a wonderful board in SOME respects, the Parhelia fell utterly flat in the "works well enough to play current games on" department.

Now I'll be flamed, but honestly it was a major cock-up. Sorry.

Gpar_
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
        Sorry guys, time to face the facts that while it's obviously a wonderful board in SOME respects, the Parhelia fell utterly flat in the "works well enough to play current games on" department.

Now I'll be flamed, but honestly it was a major cock-up. Sorry.

Gpar_
        OMG STFU U R SO GAY

Seriously though, it didn't fall completely flat in the "works well enough to play current games on" department, you're using an 8500 aren't you? Do you think it can't play current games well? Parhelia is roughly on par and faster than the 8500...

You are right, they ^#$@ed up big time on Parhelia, but it's not THAT bad.
        Last edited by bsdgeek; 13 August 2003, 13:35.

Comment

He just parrots nVidia marketing department. It is all part of a greater plan.
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

While gamers, a small share of the market, are not happy with Parhelia or the P-750/650 they are having a great amount of success in the workstation market, especially among those doing multimedia work or using multiple displays. Good reviews all around and their forums reflect that opinion.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 August 2003, 14:59.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

BSDGeek,

Sure it's as fast as the R8500. 'Course the 8500 actually PLAYS most games, doesn't have bizarre banding issues... y'know, the usual Matrox driver fun fun fun!

Gpar_
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

WRT to banding: what percentage of boards is affected?

I don't see any banding.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                  BSDGeek,

Sure it's as fast as the R8500. 'Course the 8500 actually PLAYS most games, doesn't have bizarre banding issues... y'know, the usual Matrox driver fun fun fun!

Gpar_
                  Have you used a Parhelia? I mean, first hand? It's really necessary to get a good impression of how the card actually works. I haven't had any problems with any games I use yet. It's also faster than the Ti500 in my brother's machine.

I will concede that they did make some big @#$!ups though, considering the overall bugginess of the hardware (mainly banding, but perhaps others "Scissorcut"???) My card doesn't have banding though, I don't know what the chances are of getting a banding card.

Comment

Face it guys, the Parhelia was a major flop despite (or because) all the hyping by the bboys. We all did jump on the hyping wagon, because it was a fun ride, but got woken up when the wagon crashed.
                    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Not to mention the R8500 costing around $70 by now.

Find me a $100 Parhelia, I'll put it in my machine. Seriously! I can unload this 8500 pretty nicely (it's an original 64mb DDR 275/275), and I love Matrox boards, always have. Still have a buncha old M2's in a drawer, a G100 in use on a 2D-only station, a G200 in a machine in the basement (a RUNNING machine, no less - it's my backup box), and a G450 _somewhere_ around here.

Gpar_
                      Last edited by Gurm; 13 August 2003, 20:25.

Comment

Depends on your application.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
                        ASUS A7N8X
                        Corsair 1GB PC3200
                        Parhelia 128MB
                        EIZO L685EX

Comment

Heh, I think this is about Kyle not "getting his way" so to speak. I mean we have him talking to nVidia about adding this Trilinear option to the drivers, thinking that nVidia considers him an asset and listens to him, when all along they really are not but are just using him to further their product. They basically ignore him. And when they do something like this, it makes Kyle look bad. It's just like when Matrox would not give Kyle a Parhelia. What did he do? He totally bashed the card. Given that the Parhelia isn't the best choice for gamers, it certainly is no joke. Kyle only does what's best for himself IMO, not the gaming community. When/If nVidia (or any vid card company) starts catering to him again, he'll praise them. If they keep ignoring him, then he'll just keep bashing them...
                          System Specs:
                          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Hey BuddMan, welcome to the Internet Review world lots of sites are like this IMO.

Here is an example:

This reviewer calls up this company to get a manufecteure sample so that he can "review" it. The company asks him where he live. The next day, the reviewer checks his mail box, found the thing he asked for. The reviewer then goes off to work, then found ANOTHER "sample". Hmm... I wonder how the reviewer is gonna write about the product!

Comment

Which is why we're creating "The Flamethrower".

Coming soon!

Gpar_

Comment

Working...
                              X