Scary Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Movies

Ok, Rented House of a Thousand Corpses last night. Written and Directed by Rob Zombie.

Could a movie be any worse? No plot, No action, just a bunch of poor scenes of people getting mutilated.

Worst movie ever.

My question is simple, What is a GOOD horror flick? I am looking for something that will scare you, or at least make you jump..

What do ya think?
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, now there is a plot and a story line for ya!

A Smith & Wesson beats Four Aces

Comment

Re: Scary Movies

Originally posted by Byock
      Ok, Rented House of a Thousand Corpses last night. Written and Directed by Rob Zombie...
      That movie was the worst movie I have ever seen. It bumped "Heathers" and "The Talented Mr. Ripley" up a notch on my list... and that's bad.

Pet Cemetery: Saw it as a kid, and it freaked me out... especially the part where the little kid was hiding under the bed with the scalpel, and went for the guys tendon...

Poltergeist: I just like that one, I know it's not as "hack and slash gory" as other horror films, it's more of a realistic type of scary. I've always been fascinated with it.
      Last edited by Ajax; 13 August 2003, 08:02.
      --Insert something here--

Comment

Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht was pretty scary (and I saw it alone and during late night...)

First Alien also had something disturbing (but it's not here because I'm reccomending it - I mean, there's no possible way that you haven't seen it, so no recommendation necessary ), as well as Rosemary's Baby (I'm not sure what was in this one...I think that could be rather specyfic footage making, camera overall...even in day scenes there was something weird. Anyway everybody seen this too probably)

Jacob's Ladder is...ermm, fun
        both versions of The Haunting were also somewhat enjoyeable (though not scary)

Currently (for some time...) I'm in the process of getting The Others and Carnival of Souls - heard something good about them.

But overall, the most scary experience on mine tv wasn't a movie. Wanna try Silent Hill?
        Last edited by Nowhere; 13 August 2003, 09:19.

Comment

Lots of "scary movies" aren't.

The traditional "horror movies" are just retarded. I'm just NOT frightened by Jason, Freddy, or Mike Meyers. Sorry.

"The Ring" was scary WHILE I was watching it... but I was unaffected by it that night.

"Event Horizon", for whatever reason, FREAKED ME OUT. *shrug*

Gpar_
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Try Ringu, the original japanese 'The Ring'.
            It's said to be much scarier than the american version.
            Can be a bit hard to get though.
            <font size="-4">User error:
            Replace user and try again.
            System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
            System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
            </font>

Comment

Session 9 is a gerat suspence, horror movie. Watch it with the lights off on a nice Dolby Pro Logic II system and it will make you jump out of your seat.

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Halloween - Very suspensful and jumpy the first time.
                Night of the Living Dead - Hard to sit through, but very scary in the dark
                Dracula with Bela Lugosi - Excellent, a classic
                House on Haunted Hill with Vincent Price. My first horror movie and the one I remember the best.

Comment

the ring- was scary in a creepy kinda way
                  event horizon- scared the hell out of me
                  they- that was ok.. i jumped twice, kinda embarrassed bout that

.. cant think of any others
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Wasn't Event Horizon the one where Sam Neil (or whatever that actor's name is) says "where we're going, you won't need eyes...."? Classic line.
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

That's the one.

And I don't know why but this one wasn't scary for me...funny at some moments even

Typical for horror movies I guess - some can scare the shit out of you, other...well, it's good at least when they have something that can be actually called acting, plot etc.
                      Oh, and I guess it's almost random which ones scare you...
                      Last edited by Nowhere; 13 August 2003, 17:26.

Comment

its hard to find a scary movie these days
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Session 9 no doubt. Genuinely scary, and a good plot as well.
                          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Older horror is much better than most modern stuff:

Original version of The Fly http://www.imdb.com/Title?0051622
                            Ending creeped me out when I was younger

X (aka Man with the X-Ray Eyes) http://www.imdb.com/Title?0057693
                            Dunno why, but this one can be effective

Comment

Movies whose plot is that of some malevolent person in the past coming back to haunt and terrorize always get me. Witchboard was pretty scary as I recall, The Haunting, with its state of the art creepy soundtrack was scary at times, Rosemary's Baby creeped the living shit out of me, The Shining was good, too.

I think truly the most frightening movie I ever saw was Aliens, followed closely by its progenitor, Alien. It's true, a lot of the old movies are much scarier than newer ones.. the original version of The Blob, with Steve McQueen scared me to death when I first saw it.. a 50's cheapy called Tarantula gave me nightmares when I was a little kid and saw it on TV. I remember seeing Jaws in the theater for the first time.. I was shaking in my seat it was so scary at points.

The movies that scare me the most nowadays are things like Natural Born Killers or Pulp Fiction.. the fact that someone can make a movie which twists us enough to cause us to see the viewpoint of and root for some evil slimeball murderers is something I find genuinely frightening.

Comment

Working...
                              X