Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STING: terrorists nabbed in US w/missile....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STING: terrorists nabbed in US w/missile....

Homeland Security just announced that a sting operation was successfully carried out in conjunction with foreign governments and the Russians.

This sting resulted in the seizure of a Russian made anti-aircraft missle being smuggled into the US by a UK citizen.

3 arrests have been made in the US and reports are that several others have been made overseas.

Developing....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Link?

Comment

BBC linkage

Comment

Good to see a bit of international cooperation acheiving something usefull.

Comment

The thread title is VERY misleading. No terrorists were involved. The perpetrator was an arms dealer who THOUGHT he was dealing with a Muslim extremist, who happened to be an FBI undercover agent.

At least twice, once in Russia and once in the UK, the guy was reported to have stated that he was hoping it would be used to bring down Air Force One, which the FBI vehemently denies. Why? I understand from the BBC "breaking news" last night at midnight that the UK statement may even have been recorded, although MI5/6 have not confirmed this.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
            The thread title is VERY misleading. No terrorists were involved. The perpetrator was an arms dealer who THOUGHT he was dealing with a Muslim extremist, who happened to be an FBI undercover agent.

At least twice, once in Russia and once in the UK, the guy was reported to have stated that he was hoping it would be used to bring down Air Force One, which the FBI vehemently denies. Why? I understand from the BBC "breaking news" last night at midnight that the UK statement may even have been recorded, although MI5/6 have not confirmed this.
            Wait, who said that he hoped the missile would take out Air Force One? The arms dealer? Or the 'Muslim extremist', AKA, FBI Agent?
            McRhea

Comment

The arms dealer, presumably to the FBI agent.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. That arms dealer sure has a lot of 'xplainin to do. Wouldn't want to be him, heh.
                McRhea

Comment

As far as I heard, he did it just for the money, not because he sympathized with terrorits of any kind. Which doen't make it better in my book. But it really doesn't have a lot to do with terrorists.

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Then who else would you think would buy something like that and for what reason?? Not for deer hunting that's for sure. Wake up and start smelling the roses.

The perpetrator was an arms dealer who THOUGHT he was dealing with a Muslim extremist, who happened to be an FBI undercover agent.
                    Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Y'know, I clicked on this thread without reading the whole title...

And it has NOTHING to do with Sting's new album. NOTHING.

Gpar_
                      Last edited by Gurm; 13 August 2003, 13:29.
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Joel, he just meant that no terrorists were caught by the sting.

Comment

But they took a mountain of paperwork out of several offices in NYC and Jersey. Whatcha bet this guy wasn't a virgin to this kind of ops?

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The more caught or documented, the better.

Comment

Update: the guy was trying to sell 50 missiles....not just one;

Dr. Mordrid
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X