G400 and HL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and HL

i have a friend who has my old G400. he plays HL-CS and within a few minutes (10 or so) his system restarts on him.

i tried putting my ATi 7500 in and it runs fine.

he did get a new mobo (ECS K7S5A pro) in feb. but didn't play CS much until he got back home in may, when he first started to notice the game crashing.

i've since updated all his drivers, video, mobo, etc. and no luck. i've let him borrow my 7500 till i figure out what's happening.

think this is a bug with the G400 and the game? or with the mobo? or all 3 prehaps .
    no harm, no foul.

to me, this looks rather like a heat issue.

tell you friend to leave the PC's cover open and see if it lasts longer before locking up again.
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

i have put a blue orb onto the card, and the case is well ventalated. the back of the card is hardly warm to the touch. but i will tell him to try that.

thanks
      no harm, no foul.

Comment

What driver version?
        Which operating system?
        Any virus scanners running?

Comment

he's using hte newest ones.. 5.88, winXP pro SP1, yes he has Norton 2002 running, i think.

i must admit HL-CS is the only game he plays so it may occur on others.
          no harm, no foul.

Comment

try setting AGP as 2x in bios
            a friend's g400 didnt run as well at 4x but had no problems at 2x and he didnt really notice any difference in game speed
            Last edited by Belwarrior; 12 August 2003, 20:58.
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

did you ever run HL on your old rig when you have the G400? (heh... that's kinda rethorical lol, but hey, some people never played HL)

Try to turn of Norton anything, coz usually screw things up... LOL... they take so much resources...

Comment

I never got the high fps people seem to get in CS..
                but i must say CS on my g400 was really good (i played in directx though) Monitor rated 1024x768@116hz ran it @100hz.. there was this smoothness that i dont see in other cards nowadays (excepting Matrox)

Edit : I have to agree Norton is a hog.. normally i try to run as little apps in my systray as possible
                Last edited by Belwarrior; 12 August 2003, 23:28.
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                X