FDY&*# Nero...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDY&*# Nero...

Ok, So I've spent the past few hours trying to Get Nero 5.5 working on my friend's new XP box. I'm running the latest nero 5 (5.5.10.42), I've tried multiple ASPI drivers, I've tried disabling the Windows IMAPI CD burning service. I've tried re-enabling it. I've TRIED updating the firmware on the Lite On 52-32-52 burner. I've tried a new cable. Nothing. Nada.

Oh yeah, and CloneCD was able to copy a disc, meanwhile Nero won't work. Go figure.

Not sure its NERO - was running on 5.5.10.42 on my XP box till last week - with the latest Nero 6.0.0.11 patch that addressed known disasters, Nero 6 now runs happily on the same box in its place. The same box also runs ECDC 5.3.5.10g in parallel without a hassle. (Running a Samsung SM348B RW/DVD drive)
    Lawrence

Comment

Are you sure you are running a normal copy of Nero?
      Nero versions bundled with burners are often modded to only be useable on that brand of burners.
      Try go to the burner selection dialog and see if it whines.
      <font size="-4">User error:
      Replace user and try again.
      System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
      System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
      </font>

Comment

I've been using Nero and Clone CD exclusively for three years...never gave me any problems.

I agreee with Zao, some OEM versions are hardcoded for a specific brand of burner.

Nero is also wise to the Warez crowd, too. Make sure your reg code is clean.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

All the CD burning apps are wise to the warez crowd. Nero is just less ****olish than most. CDRWin, for example, will let you happily burn away with a bad key - but every 3rd disc will be a coaster!

Gpar_
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Zao
            Are you sure you are running a normal copy of Nero?
            Nero versions bundled with burners are often modded to only be useable on that brand of burners.
            Try go to the burner selection dialog and see if it whines.
            Yeah, it was bundled w/ the CDRW. I also tried a non-bundled version.

Comment

If you're having ASPI problems, make sure that WinME/Win98 compatability mode is off. My buddy had this problem a few days back...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

K63 - It's off by default, right?

Comment

Gurm, Is that right about CDRWin??? I have never had any problems.......
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan
                    I've been using Nero and Clone CD exclusively for three years...never gave me any problems.

I agreee with Zao, some OEM versions are hardcoded for a specific brand of burner.

Nero is also wise to the Warez crowd, too. Make sure your reg code is clean.
                    Not the software but the serial code! If you are using a OEM ver just grab a pirate serial and it will work! But you did not hear that from me!
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Yeah. If you're making lots of coasters with CDRWin, make sure you have a REAL serial.

Gpar_
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

So no ideas on my problem?

Comment

Can you be more specific about "not working?"
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sure...the program runs normally, etc...I attempt a burn, the progress bar shoots right up to a certain % (which probably has something to do w/ the amount of cache the drive has), and then the burn aborts. The drive never actually begins copying data onto the disc.

Comment

Is this shooting up to a %, like its filling its cache(8% of a full disk) or is it pretending to burn for a while then aborting(50%of a full disk)?

The first case me bad media or to fast a burn speed(for the cd's)..etc

the second could be anything..bad aspi..etc

When you look at the coasters it produces can you see how much of the CD it writes?, eg untouched or half fillled?

Comment

Working...
                              X