No announcement yet.

FilmRender DEAD: blame the crackers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FilmRender DEAD: blame the crackers....

Ned Nurk's FilmRender is now out of production. Some morons cracked his authentication system. This brought sales to a halt, thereby causing his company to go belly up.

Ned had a really nice program with FilmRender and he was going to add some important new features to it. That's all over now.

http://www.nurkware.com/

Obviously Ned is more than ticked off about this, and who can blame him?

Dr. Mordrid

That's real shitty. Whereas I have used cracked software in the past, I try to support shareware that asks a reasonable price (most of them). Crackers need to check themselves.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Was it shareware? Lots of shareware authors do not implement any licensing schemes at all, but they don't seem to have any problems worth griping about (or I'm sure they would). What's the difference between a shareware program with a cracked licensing scheme and a piece of shareware that's not "protected" in the first place?

Comment

Working...
      X