Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomb Raider AOD

Hallo !

I have problem with G450 Card. It works not. The screen is dark at the beginning of the game and PC hangs.
    Please write, if somebody has played this game with G400 or G450.

Thank you

Perhaps you should give some specs on your system including video driver version?

Comment

Taken from Eidos...
      minimum system requirements...

100% DirectX 9 16MB 3D Accelerated video card with Hardware Transform and Lighting.....which the G400/G450 don't do

Comment

The Answer !

My system: Athlon 1200 Mhz, RAM256, Mb: Elitgroup K7SEM.

Tha game ran without any problems on G200, but was very slow. The game ran without any problems on the video Card from motherboard SIS730s, but also very slow. They have no T&L hardware support. About what wie are talking about ? To play the game I can buy only Parhelia, but it costs very much. I can not install here ATI, because in 2D it is not so good, how Matrox. It is a big big difference.

Thank you

Comment

Please don't stress the old man (G4x0) too much. TOD was never intended to run on a G400.
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

RTBaR

Comment

Hallo,

About video driver. I have installed the latest video drivers, that are on the matrox.com site. I have installed first of all the latest WHQL driver and than 6.83.017.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                RTBaR
                Read the Box and Requirements.
                No driver will help you.

Comment

But the spec on the README you can read after installed TAOD are different...

(Mine are in italian, sorry, I cutted and pasted here)

Requisiti di sistema

Di seguito trovi i requisiti minimi di sistema:

SISTEMA OPERATIVO:
                  Microsoft Windows 98se / ME / 2000 / XP
                  COMPUTER:
                  PC IBM o compatibile al 100%
                  CPU:
                  Intel Compatibile a 500MHz con scheda grafica supportante T&L (se la scheda grafica non supporta T&L c’è bisogno di un processore a 1.5 GHz)
                  RAM:
                  128 MB
                  GRAFICA:
                  Scheda video con 16MB compatibile al 100% con DirectX 9.0
                  AUDIO:
                  Scheda audio compatibile con Windows 98 e con DirectX 9.0
                  CD-ROM:
                  Lettore CD-ROM 4x (quadrupla velocità)
                  DISCO:
                  300MB di spazio libero su disco
                  DISPOSITIVI DI CONTROLLO:
                  Mouse e tastiera compatibili con Windows 98

==========================

For those that can`t read Italian language the README says (under MINIMUM requirements):

500Mhz processor if your graphics card support TnL, and 1,5Ghz processor if your graphics card doesn't.

==========================

Any way to get TAOD working ?

I have a glorious g400MAX and I don't want to swap this card to any other (for now...)

Obviously I have purchased this game then realized that it hangs on my PC (2,4 Ghz P4).
                  Last edited by Zanna; 24 August 2003, 06:14.
                  <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
                  <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

I found this, in English Language
                    (for the entire discussion see the site of Empire Gaming at this address: Empire Gaming TAOD FAQ )

Minimum (with TnL Graphiccard):
                    500 MHz CPU
                    16MB Graphiccard 100% TnL capable, DX9 compatible
                    200 MB harddrive space
                    Windows 98 (Win95 is not supported)
                    128 MB Ram

Minimum (without TnL Graphiccard):
                    1.5 GHz CPU
                    8MB Graphiccard
                    200 MB harddrive space
                    Windows 98 (Win95 is not supported)
                    128 MB Ram

So, I have a 2,4 Intel P4 CPU, a 32Mb Graphic card (the G400Max) and Windows 98 ....

What is wrong ?
                    <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

I know this is not much help.

Seriously, if you want to do any gaming get a newer graphics card, the G400 just doesn't cut it anymore...

Comment

UPDATES

I tryed the TRAoD on a ATI Rage 128 Pro GL with a P4 at 1,6 Ghz an it works! Slow but works !

Initially I had some problems seeing the FMV sequences, but after downloaded the patch found on this Italian site:

VideoGame IT

This problem was gone.

The ATI Rage 128 Pro GL doesn't have the TnL engine, and is old as the g400 Chip.

This evening i wull try to apply the patch to my home machine, I will let you know if it will work.

Novdid: I don't need high framerates and high resolutions !!

Cheers...

Comment

the first thing I will do is to update the drivers. The newest drivers are 5.89 i believe. You can get it off Matrox's site. Forget the WHQL... at that time when 5.83 is released, I wonder if DX9 was acctually released

BTW

if it doesn't work you can try the following utility...

(WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!! not work safe. lots of stupid pop ups and some are pr0n)

go to "files" and download a utility called 3d analyze.

It allows you to by pass any unavilible features on your graphics card when playing a game. Don't think I will help much, but its worth a try IMO.

Comment

oh yea... i think you should try the Matrox Graphics forum... maybe there is a known issue on the G450...

but then again please note that Matrox cards (except Parhelia graphics card in a sense) is not intened for gaming. If you want to play games, try a newer ATI / NVIDIA card.

Comment

Re: UPDATES

Originally posted by Zanna
                              Novdid: I don't need high framerates and high resolutions !!
                              It's not a matter of framerate and resolution, it's a matter if you want to game at all!

The argument that framerates isn't important on the G-series was valid 3 years ago, not anymore. Games released today are simply not designed to work properly on such old cards.

Comment

Working...
                              X