Sound Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Problem

I'm back home for the weekend and I order my parents a nForce2 mobo to upgrade their old K6-2 350Mhz system.

Since I'm only back for the weekend I can't do a complete reinstall of everything, so I went with deleting the old mobo in devices and just plugging in the new mobo.

Devices:
    Microsoft Digital Sound System 80 (USB), which was previously used
    on-board C-Media sound

Problem is that there are no Playback Devices listed in Multimedia Properties. The MS speakers are detected correctly and the C-Media devices are listed in Device Manager. Not sure what else I can do from here.

Thanks,
    Thien

PS - On the bright side newegg sent me a 2700+ instead of a 2100+ , although the very quiet Coolermaster HSF is only rated to 2600+ .
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Cmedia Sound? May I know what is the motherboard brand and model?
    I had a similar problem with a soltek board. I removed every single device and let the win98 OS detect. However i faced a lot of issues so i had to remove every device again and re-install win98 and then installed the provided motherboard drivers and voila the sound worked.
    Sometimes the latest drivers from nvidia website may have sound problems from some motherboards so it is better to use the driver disk that came with the board.
    If that doesnt do the trick try using nvidia's latest drivers
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
    X