Adobe adopts product activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe adopts product activation

can you imagine if every software company did this.

This sux bad! I can understand their point, but if your system is not connected to the internet now with WinXP you have to call Msft and now Adobe.

Why don't they just make a motherboard dongle of some sort.

The people who paid for the softwares shouldn't be penalized!!!

Read the sad news here........

No suprise really given how their finances have been going the last few years; all but Acrobat and a couple other products have barely been breaking even. They're doing better this quarter, but there are still problems in Adobeland.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

One good reason not to buy Adobe. I wonder how people get on who have duel partition systems. One for testing and one for editing on.. I asume Adobe will want you to to buy two copies of Prem..

Good thing I went to MSPRO 5.2 and dropped Premiere 4.2 some years ago..

Any one remember M$ saying that product activation would stop piracy and the price would come down. Yep pigs mite fly as well..
      paulw

Comment

With XP activation (it was legal OS at work) the machine one day wanted to have activation on every boot - it was AthlonXP in small case with poor cooling and weak PSU.

I called MS (because of this we couldn't use the machine adequately) and they wouldn't do nothing, no tech support no advice, nothing.

So here's my stance:
        AutoCAD, 3D StudioMAX and the like wanted activation since forewer and people have cracked them and used them.

This will just prevent some casual copying.

Moral stance: If it's a production machine, all software should be legal and paid for.

Comment

One of Premiere's big selling points is being able to edit lower resolution files on your Laptop and then finish the edit on a Desktop. I hope they allow for that situation. I am not doing it yet, but I plan to do a lot of traveling, and taking the Laptop for editing would be nice.

Ted
          Premiere PRO XP Pro
          Asus P4s533
          P4-2.8
          Matrox G450
          RT.x100
          45 GIG System Drive
          120 Export Drive
          Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
          Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
          17" P4-3 HT
          1024 RAM
          32 MEG GForce
          60 GIG 7200RPM HD
          80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
          DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Crikey! last place I'd expect to see a girl... not that I would discriminate.

Comment

uhm... it is a picture of the matrox marketing girl in Europe.. well the poster girl..
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
                uhm... it is a picture of the matrox marketing girl in Europe.. well the poster girl..

Aaahhh that explains it.... she could make me write a few bad checks!!!

Comment

Don't buy products that require "activation" and they will go away. Buy 'em and bitch -- activations will be everywhere with pay-per-use sure to follow.

It seems to have worked once already:

ExtremeTech is the Web's top destination for news and analysis of emerging science and technology trends, and important software, hardware, and gadgets.

--wally.
                  Last edited by wkulecz; 12 August 2003, 05:47.

Comment

Wally..... I am so with you man!!!!

I am going to start hunting adobe next.

I'll let you gize know where to post your gripes to very shortly....

STAY TUNED!

Comment

Working...
                    X