So much for "dumb" animals....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for "dumb" animals....

CORBIN, KY -- A clever canine in Kentucky sought out his own medical care by limping to a local veterinarian's office after getting hit by a car, according to a Local 6 News report.

The 6-year-old dog, Scooby, ran away from his owners when his collar ring snapped during a recent thunderstorm. As he was running across a road a vehicle hit him, injuring his leg and tail.

Scooby then somehow walked miles to a local animal clinic and was waiting on the doorstep when employees arrived for work.

"He obviously knew this was the place to get help," Scooby's owner Shirley Farris said. "There are subdivisions with hundreds and hundreds of houses between me and the vets office, there are three lanes and there is a mini mall. How he knew to take himself to the vet, I don't know."

Workers said Scooby followed them inside and walked straight into the operating room.

His owner called the vet to tell him she'd lost her dog and was amazed to learn he had taken himself to the right place.

Everyone involved is amazed at Scooby's ability not only to find his way through yards and across roads, but with an injury.

"Scientists will like to say it was the barking and the smell," Corbin Animal Clinic Dr. Gerald Majors said. "But we'd like to think he was smart enough to be here. He's been here a few times, he is smart, he knew us."

Scooby is expected to recover from his injuries.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 August 2003, 09:21.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Never had a dog that would voluntarily go within 500 feet of the vet.

Comment

Wow, Impressive. Most people would not have been able to do that!
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Somethign wrong with that dog.

No normal pet goes anywhere near a vet. They have an instant recovery gene. This gene is amazing. It activates on the approach of the basket and doesn't stop until it's put away.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

cool dog... I wish i was like that
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Now, if only he was smart enough to avoid being run over.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I reckon it was concussed thats why it went to the Vet. It went by mistake.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

What I wanna know is, where was the driver that hit the dog?
                He/she should have stopped and checked up on the dog.
                Bah!
                Glad the dog was ok though.
                McRhea

Comment

Working...
                X