Matrox or Nvidia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox or Nvidia?

I have an old PC need to upgrade and most work of it is web surfing, play some little games and watching movies.
    So now I have to choose a video card to replace my old S3 on it.
    Since all of my application looks like concentrate on 2d environment, and I've read some articles and reviews then I found that matrox and nvidia new nvs series will meet my requirment.

I used matrox before(the mystique 220 and G200), so I realize that it's 2d quality is very good, but now the nvidia nvs seems another good choice(much better 3d performance than matrox).
    I have no idea of it so anyone ever used it can share some experience?

thanks!

Well, if you want good 2d (near matrox) and 3d, then most people here will probably advise you to buy ati.
    Which card exactly depends what you want from it and how much are you willing to pay...

Comment

hmm... maybe this post should go to General Hardware / Software for more responses?

I personally would go for ATI... they have the best "all round, multimedia" cards...

Matrox for pure 2D work, but if you decide to even launch a game, I would look somewhere else.

my GFFX 5200 is pretty good too, DVD playback is excellent, its extremely cheap, 2D is so so (worse comparing to ATI and Matrox offerings), and 3D is great for the price i paid... so if you care about 2D i will look somewhere else (but i am ok with it, its better than anything S3 can do haha... its not as bad as i thought i would be... maybe asus improved their 2D a bit after all these years) nVIDIA frequently update their drivers too! (and lots of leaked drivers hahaha)

Personally I won't go with NVS. If you go NVS, I would get ATI.

ATI would be a great solution if you ask me, both 2D and 3D wise. Make sure you buy Built-by-ATI or Sapphire ATI cards tho. Some ATI cards such as PowerColor has crappy, washed out 2D output.

Comment

If it's an editing system you can't beat the Matrox P-750 and Parhelia. It's 3D speed is also more than enough for doing most 3D work and games shouldn't be on a video system anyhow, so gaming performance should be moot.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X