G400 Dead :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Dead :(

So it happened, my G400 SH 16MB died It is not in my primary computer anymore, but still, i liked my G400. It gives the same error as if no card was in the AGP slot at all (peep--peep-peep-peep--peep-peep or sth. like that), could this be a dead bios? I can not see any physical damage on the card.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

is/was the AGP bus anything over 66MHz?
    mine lived a very short life like that, a while ago, but never forgotten....
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Nope nothing overclocked, i even underclocked the G400 a bit (to 115Mhz CORE i think) via PINS.

Comment

Have you tried restore utility, my G400 16SH did it 3 times, last time when I flashed my motherboard BIOS, cleared CMOS and swapped HDD.

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/utils/biosutil/recover.zip

For G100, G200 and G400 series graphics cards only.
        This utility will restore your Matrox Graphics card's BIOS to the factory settings. Please read the readme file before downloading.

1 Unzip
        2 Make Floppy from the utility
        3 power down
        4 insert G400 in AGP slot
        5 insert floppy into computer
        6 power up (don't let no AGP card beeps scare you)
        7 wait till it does thingaming on the floppy with blank screen and reboots

Should power up fine.

Comment

I'll try it But, how do i make it boot from the floppy without the BIOS?

Comment

It boots just fine.

Trust me.

You'll hear beeps, then it'll start booting.

You don't need a viceocard to boot a computer.

Comment

If you want to see whats happening, insert a pci video card and set to boot from pci video. leave the g400 in agp slot and insert the floppy. boot up and la voila!
              I've rescued a couple of g series cards this way.
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I'll try the PCI thing, my Mystique is still useful then after all!

Comment

Ok booted up with the Mystique, flash seems to work fine, but G400 still only gives beep beep beep. Time to say goodbye

Comment

R.I.P.
                    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

R.I.P.

Time for viking funeral.

Comment

you could always sell it on ebay... GT98 managed to sell off his clearly labeled dead Parhelia there
                        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

R.I.P

The king is gone but not forgotten...
                          P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

Working...
                          X