Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd stomper

Hi Ya Folks,
    Anybody use this setup for labelling their CDs or DVDs. Is it good? Or is it a waste of money.
    Thanks and have a good one. (mine's a rum and coke in a tall glass

Just say no!
    The general consensus seems to be to stay away from any kind of attached labels on CDs or DVDs. The label may peel off and/or cause balance problems. The peeling problem may not appear for awhile but eventually you're risking the media as well as the drive. A few people claim they've had success for years with labels but I don't think its worth the risk.
    Last edited by xortam; 6 August 2003, 16:40.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I bought one. And the labels are really poor, they are always peeling off. If you buy some decent CD labels, it works well However.
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

It depends on the quality of the labels.

Neato Matte Labels stick well and last forever.

Cheapo labels (such as the ones that COME WITH THE DAMN MEMOREX KIT) peel, bubble, and shift. This causes balance issues, unsightliness, and worst of all it pulls the silver stuff off the front of the disc, essentially making them useless.

On DVD's it hardly matters though, because DVD media have their reflective layer well below the surface.

Gpar_
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

While we're on the subject, is there such a thing as a CD printer out there?

I mean you can buy blank CD's. Blank as in they have no print on them. Is there any device available that will allow you to print on a CD? Not necessarily in color. Just black would be fine.

EDIT: I've used those sticker type labels with mixed results. In general they work great but I have had a couple of them peel off. But that would be for example if I used them in my CD player in the car.... in the winter. When playing they get quite hot and then when you leave them in the car they got cold and the label would be ruined.
          Last edited by Chris B; 7 August 2003, 02:18.
          If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

yes their are once that print directly on CD's.

At work we have our company branded CD's with a space for a label, the label printer prints text in the label area directly onto the CD's, as I understand it our particular CD's are made to be printed on. Also the printer only prints black text but I see no reason why there may not be multicolour versions around

Comment

Yes. There are new CD's that have a printable surface.

Their quality is not as good as Matte photo-quality labels, but there's also no chance of it ever peeling.

Gpar_
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

And I just got a printer, a Japanese version of the canon 850i. that came with a cd tray.

It does a beautiful job of printer on the cd's. colour or black.

I havn't tried to print a photo on it yet, so I can't comment on the quality.

Dan
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

So poor labels are the stinker. So how do the cd stomper labels compare to the Neato labels? Or to the Memorex labels?

Comment

The Stomper Labels are the cheapest you can buy, and they peel at the slightest chance.
                    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

TDK has a specific CD printer:

(no with it experience though, just came across it this week)

Jörg
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                      X