IPV6 - On 2K or just XP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPV6 - On 2K or just XP?

IPv6 is supported on XP through an advanced networking pack, but does anyone know if it is supported or is going to be supported on 2K?

They have a "Preview" for it here.

But, no final version yet.
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

It says the following on that page

There are no plans to release a production-quality version of IPv6 for Windows 2000
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Just curious, what do you need ipv6 for? Reason I ask is that it is much more complicated than ipv4.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

For home and most business use there would be no need for IPv6. For the ever growing internet and mega corps, IPv6 has advantages.

IPv6 is going to cause a lot of people headaches. Only the best of the mathematicians and memorizers will be able to do IPv6 math without software aide.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

yeah like I'm going to remember my IP address next time I need to do a test ping

Comment

I do not need it yet if even within the next decade, but I saw it was one of th recent XP updates and I was just wondering if it was available for 2K.

Comment

It might, but as with MS it may not officialy ever be available for 2k, to make sure anyone who needs it switchs to a new MS OS, I would guess it should be in 2003 server editions..

but will I get better pings in ET?

Comment

Working...
                X