Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fullscreen DOS mode refresh rate under WinXP with G400...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fullscreen DOS mode refresh rate under WinXP with G400...

Tried searching the fori but didn't get anything...

This is the problem.
    I'd like to run an old DOS game fullscreen and get it displayed on the TV via DualHead clone. Is that possible?

I flashed the card with the TV bios, and normal DOS prompt shows fine on the TV, but when I start the game it fullscreens in some funky resolution with 73 Hz refresh rate (that's what my monitor reports), and I get a garbled image on the TV. Also the image on my monitor is ripped in lines jumping left to right.

Anyone got something like this working? Or does anyone know of a way to change default refresh rates for old VESA modes?

Oh, yeah... Running Windows XP, G400MAX with latest drivers and TV bios.

Hi

You could try out a windowed DOS mode and use the zoom function to select a region for output to TV.

Good luck with playing DOOM ;-)

Peter
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Hi there!

Unfortunately, it won't start in windowed mode but automatically changes to fullscreen.
      And it ain't DOOM
      I'm trying to please my father that is stuck on playing Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker... It was written in 1991, and he got totaly hooked while playing it on my Amiga that I had at that time.

The game works fine if I start it in singlehead mode, and he can play it that way, but I wanted to make it more comfortable for him and try to make it run on big 29" tv. That way he can grab a wireless mouse, sit in the living room and kill time more comfortably...

I tried getting him to play other snooker/pool games that IMHO look&feel much better, but he won't budge... it's even JimmyWhite or nothing at all...

Comment

I guess it's time for him to consider a big plasma screen. They have computer monitor input. Your father might even pick you to inherit the nice 29"
        Peter Aragon
        Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Working...
        X