• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing with elvish fonts

Just found this site, maybe some want to be prepared for the LotR-TTT-DVD

http://www.sci.fi/~alboin/tengwartutorial.htm

What this guide covers

This guide aims to give an introduction to using fonts for writing with the Tengwar, an Elvish writing system in J. R. R. Tolkien's novels. In The Lord of the Rings the Tengwar can be seen in the inscription on the One Ring and the text on the West Gate of Moria. We will not discuss the Cirth, the angular letters seen in the inscription on Balin's tomb. The Cirth are also called runes, while Tengwar is translated as "letters".

Rakido
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Heh. The Tengwar tutorials have been around forever and a day. A few years back I made up a nice inscription for a ring for Julie.

Gpar_
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I didn't say it was brand-shining-new, i said "just found this site".

sigh, life isn't easy with geniuses-who-knows-already-everything all around you <sarcasm off>

Rakido
      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't cool.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Didn't you hear? Elvish is dead!
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

LOL,
            Yes, Elvish has left the building.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

No, I just saw Elvish at the local 7-11
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
                  I didn't say it was brand-shining-new, i said "just found this site".

sigh, life isn't easy with geniuses-who-knows-already-everything all around you <sarcasm off>

Rakido
                  Sounds like the Q from Star Trek TNG. They have seen all there is to see, done all there is to do, learned all there is to learn, so they sit around all day doing nothing.
                  --Insert something here--

Comment

Working...
                  X