Windows Media Player 6.4 - Audio 'garbled'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media Player 6.4 - Audio 'garbled'

I have sent a CD to my father which has a mpg movei of our baby on it. He has WMP 6.4 installed and it is running on a Celeron 466. Previously, mpg files I have sent him work fine. The files range from 20MB to 140MB and all have the same problems.

Now, when he plays them, the video is fine, but the audio is garbled. wav/midi files play OK.

The only thing we have done is optimise his system for video conferencing (NetMeeting) by running the 'audio wizard'.

Both the audio playback settings are set to maximum. Could this be the problem?

Any help would be great.

Rod

Try getting him to download Xing MP3 or various others. I had an VideoCD which I had this problem with - it used an obscure encoder and, hence, needs a player with a wide range of decoders! The disk came with it's own player by Sony I think which played it ok. Is the music like little bleeps and everything effectively inaudible?

How are you creating the MPG - I don't think you'd actually be able to encode this format anyway but it's the best suggestion I can offer (not really a video person...yet!)

Paul.

------------------
    Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
    Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!

Edit: Removing dead links from sig

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 17 June 2001).]
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Paul

Don't think this would help. As when you encode an MPEG, I don't think that you set a video compressor.

I am capturing an AVI in MJPEG, then converting to MPEG with TMPG encoder (btw this is an excellent program).

The fact that my MPG's worked before makes me think it is a setting on my Dad's PC.

Rod

Comment

Working...
      X