Red Hat joins the fight. Sues SCO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat joins the fight. Sues SCO.

Now will the other Linux providers join in???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

This is interesting as SCOs only real asset is what they can hope to get from court decisions.

Does anyone really use SCO Unix, now? I tried it umpteen years ago for a CAD workstation and it was a real monster.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
      This is interesting as SCOs only real asset is what they can hope to get from court decisions.

Does anyone really use SCO Unix, now? I tried it umpteen years ago for a CAD workstation and it was a real monster.
      I thought SCO was Caldera renamed.....
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

You surprise me if it is. SCO stands for Santa Cruz something-or-other-beginning-with-O and they pioneered Unix for PCs and Xenix.

Comment

Caldera bought SCO, then renamed themselves to SCO after a while, IIRC.

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Then this starts to look crazy. Caldera Linux is hopeless, compared with RH and SuSE (and possibly others). If they try to eliminate the competition on an Open Source engine, then they will shoot themselves in the foot, as development could cease. That is unless Caldera/SCO is being financed by MS.

Comment

what ever happened to the common good. Give the SCO lawyers a slap and tell them to stop creating problems

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                SCO stands for Santa Cruz something-or-other-beginning-with-O
                Operations

SCO bought the rights to Unix from Novell who in turn bought them from AT&T. One of the grey areas is how much Novell sold to SCO, Novell state that they kept hold of some of the patents and copyrights. Guess we'll all find out if/when this court case comes to a conclussion.
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

BTW, Microsoft bought a license from SCO, too. And they say that they're sure linux also uses some ms code.

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                    BTW, Microsoft bought a license from SCO, too. And they say that they're sure linux also uses some ms code.

AZ
                    ROTFLMAO
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

yea roflmao hahaha

good old MShite

Comment

Hehe IBM files counterclaims against SCO
                        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Looks like SCO bit off more than they can chew.

Comment

Working...
                          X