Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox & HBO Channel

Hi all!
    Does somebody knows something about decoding the HBO Channel with Marvel G400. I've found some things like DScaler but it's compatible only with bt848, bt849 or bt878 chip cards & not with Matrox.
    Pls put some info if U know something!
    Thanks

You try putting a cable box between the cable and the Marvel?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

yeah I don't understand what the exact problem is..

is the output of the cable box incompatible with the Marvel? I thought that tv-signal = tv-signal, so it should work?

Comment

I think Kacho doesn't have a Box and wants to decode those channels, you know those that are scrambled from the cable company.

Sorry I don't have any idea how, I knew about a software or a driver a while back but I totally forgot.

Regards,
        Elie

Comment

Yes, Elie's right. I mean to decode with some software the channel. I know it's possible & especially with that other kind of cards - bt848, bt849 or bt878. Many friends told me they use DScaler with a plug-in. But when I tried to run it it said that I don't have a compatible device. I've seen the program running & it decoded the HBO quite good - I mean U can watch it but first there are enough settings to do.

Comment

I know what you meant (and I'm sure Doc M. did too), but I was hoping you knew better.

descrambling without a box is like... illegal?

Warez and stuff is prohibited on this forum.

Comment

What about those of us who legally have digital cable and want to use our TV tuner cards to decode those channels over 100?

I'm not talking about satellite, I mean the digital channels. I know I can't go above channel 125 on my AIW 9700 Pro. I just wish I could at least get the most out of my digital cable.
              Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
              MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
              Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
              Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

like Doc said, plug the decoder box into the s-video or composite input of your capture card?

Comment

I was hoping that there would be a way to either bypass it, or hook up the PC to the cable box to change the channels on the box via the PC. At least that way I would be able to have SOME control over the box.

Ahhh well, its probably not that simple anyhow.
                  Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                  MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                  Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                  Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

I'sorry dZeus!
                    I didn't mean to do piracy. I'm just currious why that progs don't work on Zoran chips & because there are some others like iuVCR etc. that gives the same error - incompatible or no TV card or capture. I think a Zoran based card like Matrox is much better than the others (at least was in the past with its HW MJpeg).
                    I put HBO just because people usually use that progs for decoding it & not for capture & edit video.

Comment

This is a little off topic, but I once captured a PPV channel with my Marvel. The scrambled picture was a photographic negative of what it should have been, but otherwise perfect. I inverted the colors in Premiere and dumped it out to tape and I still have it somewhere.

Don't ask me the title. It was some dumb skin flick.

Kevin

BTW the only way I can think of doing what Kacho wants is to bypass the Marvel tuner completely, and bring the signal from your external tuner in through the Line-In. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas!

Comment

Working...
                      X