New P driver benchmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New P driver benchmarks?

The front page needs to be updated with the new drivers.

Has anyone benchmarked the new drivers for the Parhelia yet and are they .net 1.1 compatible?

The drivers aren't .net 1.1 compatible

Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Well, they are compatible with 1.1, it's just that they can't run without 1.0 installed side-by-side.

It is not like they would crash horribly just because 1.1 is on the system or so
      <font size="-4">User error:
      Replace user and try again.
      System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
      System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
      </font>

Comment

<Personal rant>
        I can't understand why people are constantly whining about the drivers not being able to run under a solo 1.1 install.
        One of the big features of the framework is that you can install more than one version of the framework, and have the apps use the one they seem fit.
        I can't see any downside to having the drivers work under 1.0 only, because nothing is hindering you to have both frameworks installed, and I can't see why anyone would like to just have one.
        (Well, maybe the ppl with tiny system partitions maybe, but how big is the framework, it's just 65MB or so installed.)
        </Personal rant>
        System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
        System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
        </font>

Comment

Sorry Zao, you missed the big hullabaloo. Haig brought it up. Sure, the drivers run fine with both 1.0 and 1.1 installed, the problem comes when you want to uninstall the drivers, say, for a driver update.

With both 1.0 and 1.1 installed, you can't.
          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
          Who cares?

Comment

I can, and have done so for the last 3 or 4 revisions of the drivers.
            I've heard about the problems, but that were about uninstalling them with only 1.1 installed, wasn't it?
            </font>

Comment

I would have to drag the old threads on this up out of the dungeons, but as I recall the problem is with/because of 1.1.

Haig said there was a driver coming up to resolve the issue, but I havent seen anything on it yet.
              Who cares?

Comment

Mutz, if i recall the problem is you can't uninstall if only 1.1 is installed.
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Ugh, I might have to go search in the dungeons. As I recall, Haig said, once you install 1.1 with or without 1.0 you are stuck. Something about 1.1 butchering some .dll somewhere.

Let me wipe the cobwebs off (cough, sneeze)... ok, here:

Last edited by mutz; 4 August 2003, 22:52.
                  Who cares?

Comment

yup, right near the end
                    Hi,

But there is no problem with having both frameworks installed is there?

No problem at all.

...Then the developers can specify which framework must be used to run their program.

True for developers but I personally don't see any reason why end users have to keep both versions.
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Hi.

I use Parhelia with new driver1.4.3.5 and .NET framework1.1.
                      And I didn't found any problem.

I don't use .NET1.0 at all.
                      Matrox Parhelia(FR) 128MB with ZALMAN ZM-GWB1
                      My Matrox history:G550, Parhelia

Comment

any 3d mark improvements, or nifty new features in the new drivers?

Comment

Any white paper for this driver?

Comment

Working...
                          X