Mind you...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind you...?

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

You know, my Grandmother used to say a Swede was just a Norwegian with his brains knocked out.. I'm beginning to see her wisdom.

Comment

Great one

ROFL
          Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Alright, I'm sorry for the jab, but there are certain things many of you who are not Americans will find it difficult to understand if you have not lived here all your lives. If you understood the situation here you would stop expecting our leaders to be just like those who lead Sweden or any other socially liberal Euro-democracy. There is also a bigger picture to consider. I seriously believe many of you think you are so much better than we are that you have nothing to learn from the American experience whatsoever. A very wise man once said something to the effect of "You will be truly wise when you can admit that you don't know everything."

Also consider why it is that so many of you have this similar view about our president.. you read news sources which tell you things in more or less subtle ways to make you think this way. When you realize that there is true power in the media, not in telling you what to think, but in subtly influencing how you think, you will perhaps be able to free your minds and see through this.

Comment

Well, I guess all you've written is true for both europeans and USAnians

But let's not turn this into a temp thread, shall we?

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

You know, my Grandmother used to say a Swede was just a Norwegian with his brains knocked out.. I'm beginning to see her wisdom.
                I am basically not a Swede or a Norwegian. My roots are from a different country, like most of Americans have their in Europe.

And, there are a lot of Norwegian jokes about the Swedes translated by Norwegians from Swedish jokes about Norwegians…you know…Search this forum for some of them.

I didn’t invent this picture. I’ve got it via an e-mail from someone who has got it from someone, who has got it from someone... with his/her brains knocked out, maybe from just "another" country.

Fred H
                Last edited by Fred H; 12 August 2003, 16:06.
                It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                  Also consider why it is that so many of you have this similar view about our president.. you read news sources which tell you things in more or less subtle ways to make you think this way. When you realize that there is true power in the media, not in telling you what to think, but in subtly influencing how you think, you will perhaps be able to free your minds and see through this.
                  Yeah, because our views can't have any thing to do with the president and how he profiles him self. It's all the big bad medias fault.

Comment

LOL
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

ROFL.

In Europe you have:

- Bad teeth
                      - Socialized health care that involves waiting in line for substandard medical attention
                      - VAT that approaches tyrannical proportions
                      - Longer holidays (a good thing!)
                      - Better wine & cheese (a VERY good thing!)

I think it all balances out.

Gpar_
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

You forgot the Beer Gurm
                        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          ROFL.

In Europe you have:

- Bad teeth
                          - Socialized health care that involves waiting in line for substandard medical attention
                          bad teeth?
                          waiting in line? substandard??

mfg
                          wulfman
                          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                          "Lobsters?"
                          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Originally posted by az
                            Well, I guess all you've written is true for both europeans and USAnians

But let's not turn this into a temp thread, shall we?

AZ
                            IMO the first post in this thread accomplished that rather effectively

KvH hit it spot on.

I'm European by heritage, have been there several times and have many relatives there, but there is no way in hell I'd live under the kind of loony-bird politically correct liberalism prevailing now.

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 August 2003, 12:49.
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I thought some rich bastard paid to jump the queue in Hospitals.

Dr. He should have put Tony Blah Blah along side Blush sorry Bush.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X