• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VideoTools 3.02

Matrox VideoTools 3.02

v3.02
    - Improved Matrox MJPEG Decompressor
    - Completely new installation with integrated
    new VT traces Cleaner v2.0 (fully automated)
    - Fixed some program bugs

Info
    ----
    - Recording and Video Snapshot in PC-VCR possible
    - HW MJPEG capturing possible but may be unstable
    - DualCPU & HyperThreading systems supported
    - PC-VCR Scheduler works fine
    - No Macrovision Protection
    - DVDMax works with HW MJPEG files in 16bit display mode.
    If PICVideo MJPEG codec is installed then it works
    in 32bit mode (it's recommended to use this codec).

Requirements
    ------------
    - Windows 2000 or Windows XP
    - Marvel G400-TV, Marvel G200-TV or RRG card

For better results be sure that latest MoBo Chipset drivers,
    latest DirectX and latest Windows Service Pack are installed.

Recommended combination for capturing if HW MJPEG is unstable:
    AVI_IO / YUY2 / PICVideo MJPEG

Visit http://adis.szm.com for latest Updates.

Adis, August 02.2003.

It's highly recommended to download and install 3.02 version !

Comment

Is necessary to uninstall V.T. 3.00 before install 3.02?
      Power desk are the same? ( I don't remember if my version is 5.82.018)

Thanks
      Kudoz QDI, Marvel G400, Hd Maxtor 120Gb 8Mb 7200, Maxtor 30Gb 7200, Creative 5.1, Win XP prof. , Win 98 SE, 768 Mb DDR

Comment

Thanks adis for your hard work

Comment

Originally posted by klb
          Is necessary to uninstall V.T. 3.00 before install 3.02?
          Power desk are the same? ( I don't remember if my version is 5.82.018)
          I was about to ask the same question! I'd love to install ver. 3.02, but might wait until adis responds to this. I'm assuming that we SHOULD uninstall version 3.00 first, THEN run 2K/XP VT Cleaner v2.0, and THEN install version 3.02 ... is that correct adis? Will my registry settings (i.e. TV stations, etc.) be saved, or will they be wiped out by the uninstall &/or the Cleaner?

Comment

Now that I've looked more closely at the Info.txt file, which states <i>"Completely new installation with integrated new VT traces Cleaner v2.0 (fully automated)"</i>, I think I'll give it a try <u>without</u> uninstalling ver. 3.00 -- of course, I've Ghost'ed my SYS and PROG partitions, just in case (!) ... that's not cheating is it?

Comment

Hi to all

New installation first deletes old VideoTools files and Registry settings also.
              It's very precise and your system files and other Registry entries are 100% safe !

So you don't need to uninstall old VideoTools and you don't need to clean VT traces before 3.02 installation !

Just run mvt_3.02.exe and follow installation instructions.

Have a nice day !

Comment

Thanks for responding so quickly adis. Since I'd Ghost'ed my system & program partitions anyway, I decided to uninstall the previous version of the Video Tools first. It appeared that they uninstalled Ok, but Windows XP gave me a couple of "detected new hardware, now install the drivers!" messages upon reboot. I ignored these Windows requests for drivers and immediately ran the VT3.02 installer, and everything seems fine. So, even though it appears that I didn't HAVE to uninstall first (thanks for clarifying this), I did anyway and everything seems fine.

Regarding my comment about the application settings (TV channel names, etc.) getting wiped out. I made sure I was able to quickly restore my TV channel settings and HD benchmark values by exporting the registry settings before the uninstall, then merging them back into the registry after the install of 3.02. To do so, I created the following two .reg files before the uninstall (notice that one is HKLM and the other HKCU) :

HKLM_Software_Matrox_PC-VCR_TV_Channels.reg
                HKCU_Software_Matrox_PC-VCR_HDBenchResults.reg

Thanks again, Adis, for all your work on these Video Tools. My PC-VCR color Theme is now set to <b>Darth Matrox</b>! I've done a little bit of experimental capturing, from cable TV and from my Sony Hi8 HandyCam, and everything seems to be working fine so far. I have a few more questions for you, but I'll save them for another time.

Comment

Why exporting HDBenchResults ?

Comment

I knew you would ask that! Indeed, I could have re-run the HD benchmark utility and regenerated the numbers, but ... it seems that the partition that I capture to always seems to yield such a low number (low teens). I finally got this drive up to a respectable number via HD Benchmark, I decided I'd just export all the values, then import them after 3.02 was installed. I could have (and still could I suppose) just edit these numbers manually. The only .REG file that I <u>really</u> needed here was the one that preserved all of my TV channel information.

Comment

That numbers can't change anything... performance or quality...
                      You can put any number but why ?
                      It's just information for you how much your disks are fast...

There is no need to do that...

Comment

where did VideoTools 3.02 come from? I can't seem to find a link on the Matrox website. The latest version I can find on their site is version 2.10. Is this version from Matrox?
                        ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

I'm working on it... http://adis.szm.com

Comment

adis,

first of all, thanks a lot for cool stuff!!! it really rocks!! i have a question though - is it possible to make netmeeting see RRG in XP? I remember seeing someone complained that netmeeting doesn't set some flags in some structures that make driver to fail ... etc.

- regards!

Comment

I'm sure it can be fixed.

I'm sure that one good team can make
                              Marvels/RRG perfect working in Win 2K/XP.

I'm alone in this...

Comment

Working...
                              X