Talking of bugs Power DVD 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking of bugs Power DVD 5

Every tried browsering the web when this playing. Stutter Stutter while it tries to phone home.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Yeah well.

PowerDVD 5 is just one big BOD. (Bowl o' Dick).

I can't believe they released this turd to the unsuspecting public, or that they have the GALL to charge for an upgrade.

It's a festering shitpile that left my computer almost as soon as it had been installed.

Gpar_
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

have you by chance clicked on i-Power?

Comment

...but the image quality is better...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Funny how it highjacks your browser. As soon as you fire up IE it whips you off to one of their pages. Annoying.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Tell me about it...
            when my 700 Mhz processor only played one frame every 5 seconds they told me use a faster processor. So I upgraded motherboard, chip- to XP2400+, memory to DDR and video card from Kyro II to radeon 9000 pro. It has made not the slightest bit of difference at all, it behaves exactly the same. So although I'm pleased with the new computer I am extremely p****d off with Cyberlink tech support.

Dave
            Don't make me angry...

Comment

hmm, I seem to be lucky as my p3 1.2GHz laptop works pretty much flawlessly with powerdvd 5!

Comment

Yeah after using it more I went back to version 4 with the patches. Version 5 needs a nice big patch before I go back to it.

Comment

Ayoub, yeah, luck of the draw seems to play a part in it, it doesn't jerk us around on a 1 gig machine in the study, just the home theatre machine. I'm leaving it in downloads until they fix it.

Dave
                  Don't make me angry...

Comment

It _runs_ fine on my machine. Problems I have are:

1. Massively increased CPU usage over v4, or WinDVD, or ... anything else, really.

2. Corruption on otherwise good movies, that WAS NOT THERE in PowerDVD 4. That's just a HUGE bug, it's obvious on virtually every film I put in, and it's ugly.

Gpar_
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm, I agree with you with the increased cpu usage when you don't use hardware acceleration. fortunately my videocard allows hardware acceleration with version 5 whereas with version 4, I had jerky dvd playback with it enabled.
                      what I did also notice is that the bass content seems at a lower output level with version 5 vs version 4!

Comment

Make sure that "Mix LFE" is enabled.

Comment

thanks K6-III but I had tried that & still IMO the bass intensity was less than in version 4.

Comment

Other than that, try posting a thread on the AVS forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X