New Matrix Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Matrix Theory

click the link, hit CTRL+A, and grab some popcorn...

A forum community dedicated to all emulation enthusiasts. Come Join discussion on all platforms from Nintendo, Microsoft Xbox, Sony Playstation, to PC. Coding, tips, builds, specs, tricks and more.

Wow, quite a read. I would not be surpised if he is right...
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Makes alot of sense!
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

If I'm an Evil Robot Empire and I take over the world, am I going to keep my enemies alive to use as captive batteries?
        -- HELL NO! It would be in my best interests to utterly *exterminate* my biological opposition.
        I stopped reading here.
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I read it all and for some parts it makes sence and for some it don't
          Anyway It's "Galvatron" that has told us this and he's madder than the mad hatter and his teaparty :P
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The problem is that NONE of these stupid people who are coming up with "the facts" has REALLY read all the stuff they claim to have read. He blindly quotes Plato without examining any of the common interpretations of Plato and the successive works of other Greek philosophers.

He mixes and matches things to suit his interpretations.

AND... perhaps MOST importantly... while he pulls in stuff from the Animatrix (which, while it IS supposed to be part of the Matrix universe, was all written by someone OTHER than the Wachowski brothers) he UTTERLY fails to include any analysis of "Enter the Matrix", which WAS written by the Wachowski brothers and IS an official part of the universe since it happens simultaneously to "Reloaded". Some of it contradicts his thoughts on the matter.

All in all I say just wait. It CANNOT be as complex as people think. This is a movie intended for American movie audiences, a group with the collective intellect of an 8-year-old.

Gpar_
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm

AND... perhaps MOST importantly... while he pulls in stuff from the Animatrix (which, while it IS supposed to be part of the Matrix universe, was all written by someone OTHER than the Wachowski brothers) he UTTERLY fails to include any analysis of "Enter the Matrix", which WAS written by the Wachowski brothers and IS an official part of the universe since it happens simultaneously to "Reloaded". Some of it contradicts his thoughts on the matter.
              Hmm from the Animatrix DVD I have in front of me:

The Second Renaissance part I & II

Written by Andy and Larry Wachowski

Directed by Mahiro Maeda

Other Shorts written by Wachowskis:

Final Flight of the Osiris
              Kid's Story

All them tie in quite nicely with the 2 films

Comment

Yep, my bad. I had forgotten that those 3 (4, if you really count 2nd Renaissance as two films) are/were written by the Wachowskis.

And this guy DOES raise really valid points... like how did the machines, which in the movies are so damn susceptible to EMP, survive a full-on nuclear strike? Hmm?

But I don't think they're robots any more than I think they're in "another Matrix". Both answers are all wrong for the target audience.

Gpar_
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

To me, it seems that people has not really seen the film...
                  Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Now, don't start.

Gpar_

Comment

And this guy DOES raise really valid points... like how did the machines, which in the movies are so damn susceptible to EMP, survive a full-on nuclear strike? Hmm?
                      not that I have seen the other movies.

1. They had backup machines still in the crate, since the were switched off and in metal packing cases they were protested

2. They were switched off at the time.

3. It just a movie(s)

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
                        not that I have seen the other movies.

2. They were switched off at the time.

EMP Frys electronics if its on or off....has to be harden to resist EMP...then again its a movie thing works for me too lol

Comment

Interesting read.
                          He might be right, but its a shame he's a bit weak on his facts (the historical and myhtological being worst).
                          This tend to undermined his otherwise quite ardeous work.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                            Now, don't start.

Gpar_

^______________^
                            Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Working...
                            X