Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDs on 2nd head

Hey everyone..

I am trying to play a DVD on my 2nd screen, but it tells me that the video can only play on one screen (my main screen). Do I have to use DVDMax in order to watch the DVD on my 2nd head while still using the first screen normally? I've never used DVD max...

Normal videos work fine on the 2nd head, I have tried both Windows Media Player and Power DVD. For some reason I think it used to work on my G400 with no problems, but with my Parhelia I have never really tried it.

I am running the latest drivers, on Windows Server 2003...thanks!
    -mungu

"She won't last forever, so why buy her diamonds?"

Shouldn't be a problem for Parhelia at all. I've done that on a couple of systems using the Parhelia and P-750. Just make sure you have the cables connected per spec and that you have it set up for 2 monitors: display and feature.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

ahh.. I have it set up in independant mode. There is no way to get it to work with independant mode?
      -mungu

Comment

Well what I do is uncheck the "Extend my Windows desktop on this monitor" whenever I want to use DVDMax.

Edit: BLAST! I just couldn't resist posting

Comment

Speaking of which, I'm getting HW overlay failure with BS Player on both heads (using dualhead independant, tried TH only for some reefdemo and Wolfenstein testing).

I'm blaming my flaky Windows install though.

Comment

You should select "2 displays, Independent Mode (including features)"
            That will give you 2 normal independents, with the second filling with video whenever DVDMax is used.
            <font size="-4">User error:
            Replace user and try again.
            System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
            System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
            </font>

Comment

Also turn on Use PureVideo/DVD Max in Video Playback settings of Powerdesk.

Comment

I got it working now
                All I had to do was check the dvdmax box in powerdesk. Too bad I had to let my 2nd monitor go, and wont get it back for another week or so
                -mungu

Comment

Working...
                X