Adis... A question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adis... A question...

First off, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for having such an interest in the G400, what is essentially a "dead" card, and giving us all the chance to keep ours going, and fully usable with 2K and XP !! I paid tooooo much for this thing, to not keep using it !!
    I do have a couple issues with the VidTools you offer that maybe you can/would help me out with. Before XP, I was running 98SE with the 5.x drivers and 1.5x vidtools, with the PicVideo codec, and getting really good captures. Now, on XP with a P4 HT cpu, and with any combo of the drivers / VidTools you have, I get a band of slight noise about 15 or so pixels high at the top of the video, on a 704 X 480 capture. If I use the PicVideo codec, this slight blurring of the video, becomes a full 15 or so pixels of pure green. Any thoughts?
    I thank you for all your hard work and any and all help you bring !!

James
    You did what?

I captured a few seconds of video in PC-VCR
    It's HWMJPEG-Medium/704x576/25fps/

I import it in Premiere and export a single frame as GIF (352x288 - half)

Please do the same and attach the picture, here is what I got...
    Attached Files

Comment

Most likely this is a part of image, which is not shown on the TV. About 10% on each side of the picture are not visible on TV, they contain technical information. This does not not indicate that there is a problem with Matrox cards. Try to output video back to TV, you will not see these lines at all.

Comment

Okie Dokie, Adis, here ya go.
        PC-VCR - PICVIDEO - HIGH - 704 X 480/29.97 fps
        Exported single frame half (352 x 240)
        Any clues? I forgot to add before about the purple things.

No matter what settings or combination thereof, I get the same thing. To be honest, just using the native Matrox codec and getting the slight blur is acceptable, but I just thought this would give you yet another project to work out, and if you can figure a fix/workaround, then Hey, YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAA !!

Thanks to all for responses and help !!

James
        You did what?

Comment

The white lines on top are Teletext/CloseCaption/Macrovision information

Those are normal, as you cannot "crop" on Marvel before it captures to its final resolution.

Why there's a green line there... codec or driver issue who doesn't like the data there?

Wasn't there a green line issue in one of the early G400 Marvel drivers?

Neko

Comment

KuroNeko
            I never seen this green line on my system
            I used VT 2.04.015 (a, b, c, d), 2.10.010a w/XP-Update, VT 3.00, 3.01, 3.02

3.02 will be released soon.
            In this version Matrox MJPEG decompressor is improved... and many little fixes.

Country
            Why colors are bad ? Bad tape ??

Comment

Adis, the capture was straight from Direct TV. It looks like crap, 'cause "Tin Cup" actually looks like that... crap. LOL

Thanks again for all the help, and your continued efforts !!

James
              You did what?

Comment

Adis, the green line issue afaik was in very early Marvel drivers, long time ago (original drivers)

Neko

Comment

I never seen it before...

VT 3.02 is out !

Comment

i have the same prob, white lines (teletext or other) on the top pf the screen, any ideas on how to limit this annoiyng prob?

if i want to export a footage on cd i'll have these orribles lines, damn...

Comment

Hi Pierpa

Did you tried to capture YUY2/PICVideoMJPEG or mpeg ?

Comment

if i try to capture with avi_io with picvideo software mjpeg codec, all the colours of the screen are wrong, any suggestion?

Comment

YUY2/PICVideo or RGB/PICVideo ?

It seems that you tried RGB/PICVideo...

Be sure you have choosen YUY2 format and PICVideo compression.

Comment

hmmm exactly, but i can't select yuy2 on the options, i use a matrox G400 + RRG, and in the past on W98 with the YUY2 patch i captured in yuy2, but now on Win XP?
                            there's a chance to do tha same?, maybe with another patch?

Comment

Working...
                            X