Nec reveals projector with shortest throw distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nec reveals projector with shortest throw distance

This website is for sale! gizmo.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gizmo.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

NEC Australia, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation and a leading Australian ICT solutions and services firm, have been selected to supply 10Gbps E-band radio equipment and professional services for Spirit Telecom.

The new projector can project a 40” image at only 6cm from the screen and a 100” image at only 65cm from the screen.__In addition, the WT600 is the only projectors available to feature a 3000:1 contrast ratio for incredible image quality with deep black detail.
    Home Cinema anyone ?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

very nice
    though if the projector at only 6cm in front, will it not block the screen itself??
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Judging by its shape, I think it is to be positioned at the bottom of the screen... But I'm just guessing that...

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

I am sure some optical boffin had a ball designing those plastic mirrors in order to ensure a linear non-distorted picture at such an acute angle - no wonder the $11500 price!.
        Lawrence

Comment

Euhm, it is in Australian dollar...
          (still expensive though, at US$ 7400)

Jörg
          Last edited by VJ; 31 July 2003, 07:31.
          pixar

Comment

That projector uses 2 mirrors to throw the image. It must be positioned below (or possibly above depending if it's capable). 6cm is from the back of the projector itself, not from the mirror. Additionally the crt face is the lens, it's ground this way otherwise it wouldn't work. Additionally the mirrors also act as lenses for they are also curved. So it's a play on words.. there are no independent lenses needed to be aligned like your typical projector requires.

The only major draw back to this design is that it cannot project a large image and still maintain adequite brightness/contrast ratio when doing anything larger than it's nominal image size.

I'd also suspect that it's viewing angle is rather limited because of it's wide dispersion.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

This would lend itself best to rear projection.
              This is great, as the kids won't be able to make bunny shadows with their fingers.
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

With the additional cost and weight of high index glass needed for rear projection? I don't think too many sales persons would be willing to tote that around, let alone cost to a homeowner.

Plastic used for this purpose is second best at most.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Sweet. When they're under $1K (2010 A.D.?), maybe I'll get one.

Comment

Sounds really sweet. I'll take one, please

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I'll take three

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                        With the additional cost and weight of high index glass needed for rear projection? I don't think too many sales persons would be willing to tote that around, let alone cost to a homeowner.

Plastic used for this purpose is second best at most.

It will probably end up in a rear-proj. TV...

Too bad there aren't any really good proj. for home theather...most of them are just business units (understand they work in 4/3, not 16/9)....

JVC and Sharp have superb models...at 15-25.000$ not exacly *home*-cinema...

Comment

Several people over at http://www.avsforum.com use projectors for their home theater just fine.

Thien
                          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Sure thing. I'm not talking about feasibility. I want one that looks like a giant TV, with the lights on, and possibly sunlight. That's got a price that I'm not willing to pay right now.

The under 5000$ projectors that most ppl use aren't in that league.

Comment

Working...
                            X