Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nero 6 - possibly dangerous? - German required to say.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero 6 - possibly dangerous? - German required to say.

Read this report

Somebody able to say something about it in plain English?
    Lawrence

My German's pretty rusty, but here goes;

apparently there is a feature in NERO 6's DVD Recorder that auto-deletes TEMP files used in a DVD compilation, but sometimes the path gets reset to C:\ and, well....you get the idea

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 July 2003, 21:33.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

apparently there is a feature in NERO 6's DVD Recorder that auto-deletes TEMP files used in a DVD compilation, but sometimes the path gets reset to C:\ and, well....you get the idea

Dr. Mordrid

Ooops dodgy testing. I presume they're doing del *.tmp rather than del *.*.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Good morning,

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

It doesn't get reset. The problem arises, when the user select a different directory for TEMP or for the target directory of the dvd copy.

Nero creates automatically a directory called video_ts. Now when the user has selected C: as target or temp directory and there is already a dvd-copy there, then Nero-Recode asks, if it should delete the copy. If yes, Nero deletes not only the video_ts directory but the complete c:

Rakido
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

The bug is in one of the Nero segments for DVD burning, and not something you would hit right away.

This is a VERY serious bug, but Ahead have made no note of it, unless in the meantime the bug has been fixed. Right now you can download it, bug and all! (note the warning on the File Download window, an understatement)
          Attached Files
          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
          Who cares?

Comment

I'll just wait untill its patched
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

hmmm....*click - uninstall*
              stupid kaaza...

Comment

And they thought some of the ECDC4/5 bugs were bad...
                MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

This kind of thing happened to a guy I know. He was unintalling NWN, when it asked if he wanted to remove any remaining files. He didn't think anything of it and answered yes. It when ahead and deleted everything in his program files directory. My guess is that he must have installed the game directly into program files or else there is a major bug with the NWN uninstaller.
                  I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

They just released version 6.0.011 that is supposed to fix the deleting problem, among other things.
                    download

Comment

Working...
                    X