IE Problem with Saving JPG Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE Problem with Saving JPG Files

Whats the fix to IE wanting to save JPG files as BMP?

Thanks
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

There are a couple of fixes for this;

1. Go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and scroll to the Security settings. Now check the box next to "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" and click Apply. In most cases this is enough.

2. Go to Tools/Internet Options/General/Temporary Internet Files. The loss of filetype saving is sometimes due to the temporary files HDD cache filling up. The fix is to either delete the existing temporary files or go into the Settings menu and allocate more disk space to the cache.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 July 2003, 19:59.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If it just does it whit a specific file reboting the computer often solvs it!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Oh, what a great browser

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Happens to me a lot and it is the cache, generally when mine gets to about a GB.

Comment

It does reproduceable happen with IE 6,
            if you use an URL with embedded username and password, like http://user:secret@somweirdwebsite.com/.
            You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Comment

Now what do you do if IE insists on saving JPG's as .JPE instead?

Haven't figured out HOW to fix that one.

Gpar_
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                Now what do you do if IE insists on saving JPG's as .JPE instead?

Haven't figured out HOW to fix that one.
                Navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\image/jpeg registry key, and set the Extension value to .jpg.

I think you may have to restart Windows (or at least log off and back on again) for this to take effect.

As for the original question, it does have something to do with the cache being full, as Dr Mordrid says. Simply force-refreshing the page containing the image (by pressing CTRL+F5) usually does the trick for me.

Comment

Working...
                X