Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3DMark03 Performance Examined (aceshardware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DMark03 Performance Examined (aceshardware)

Interesting article.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Very interesting. A P2, keeping pace with the P4? Bah!
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Byock
      Very interesting. A P2, keeping pace with the P4? Bah!
      Did you really look at the configurations? The P4 system is equipped with a Radeon9600 which is WAY, WAY slower than the 9700. The 3DMark03 is - on purpose - nearly only gfx-card limited.
      So those results fit quite well, if you think of the test only regarding gfxcard-speed and mostly ignoring CPU speed.

See the other (still flawed, since lots of details about how testing was done ) tests for REAL results.

The whole testing was done to prove the authors (previously made) standpoint that 3DMark03 does not correlate with gaming performance. Thus he obviously tested only the clearly CPU-limited Botmatches in UT2003 (although he doesn't even state this). The fact that he uses a higher resolution (1280x1024)in this in any case CPU-limited scenarios than in other benches (where he used 800x600 to make sure the thing stays CPU limited ) just shows what he wanted the teest-result to show...

Conclusion: IF you want to fake a test so that it proves your previously made up opinion, then make it well and at least with some knowledge - just like that Lars Weinand character of THG is doing it...
      Last edited by Indiana; 30 July 2003, 14:46.
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

Hang on a minute. When 3dMk2k3 was released, weren't the accompanying documents specifically stating that it was made to be as GPU-limited as possible? Much more so than 3dMk2k1? Or am I missing something here?
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

P2 350 pwns.

Comment

I think the results are actually good. Now they only need to drop those stupid CPU and Sound tests!
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
            X