IBM Announces Intellistation To Be Based On 64-Bit AMD Opteron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM Announces Intellistation To Be Based On 64-Bit AMD Opteron

Digital Video Editing Compare and Analyze Digital Video Editing Platforms And Tools VIEW PRESENTATION​ READ OUR DETAILED REVIEW Adobe Premiere Pro Review Adobe Premiere Pro Review I have a complete Adobe Premiere Pro review where I analyze all the features of this product. We discuss if Premiere Pro supports MKV files and how to handle ... Read more

Press Release -- IBM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IBM to Deliver AMD Opteron-Based IntelliStation
    Company also announces new IntelliStation M Pro workstations
    Page 1 of 1

ARMONK, N.Y. (Jul. 29, 2003) -- IBM announced its intention to develop and deliver an IntelliStation based on the AMD Opteron processor next year.

IBM today also announced new IntelliStation M Pro workstations that offer increased graphics performance and a compelling blend of price and performance for users in a range of technical fields including engineering, digital content creation, and electronic design automation.

The new IntelliStation models are powered by the latest Intel Pentium 4 processor at speeds up to 3.2GHz, and are among the
    first to market with NVIDIA's new Quadro FX 3000 graphics accelerator for extreme 3D performance.

With a choice of compact four-slot, three-bay desktop (model 6220) and a flexible six-slot, seven-bay mini-tower (model 6230), the new M Pro workstations improve data throughput with a revamped architecture fed by an 800MHz system bus and up to 4GB of fast PC2700 ECC memory.

The M Pro 6230 offers fast Serial ATA hard disk drives, or integrated Ultra320 SCSI for maximum data throughput without sacrificing an available PCI slot.

Gigabit Ethernet and available integrated IEEE 1394 I/O speed huge files to their destination.

Both workstations are designed for easy access to internal components with a tool-free, one-touch design.

This is the first workstation in the market to integrate the recently
    introduced NVIDIA Quadro FX 3000 graphics accelerator

Choice of a standard mini-tower or a new compact design, which is the smallest workstation on the market

A revamped architecture including an 800MHz system bus and 4GB of fast PC2700 ECC memory

"With the introduction of the latest M Pro workstations, we have
    achieved a near-perfect balance of performance amongst the key system components," said Bob Lenard, product director, IBM IntelliStation.

"The NVIDIA FX 3000 graphics card opens up the rest of the system to full resource utilization, and when combined with the IntelliStation T221 display, provides an environment that is unrivaled in the workstation market."

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
Working...
X