Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 AGP 4x on nForce2?

Howdy folks!

I just upgraded to an nForce2 Ultra motherboard (Shuttle AN35N Ultra). My trusty Matrox G400 DualHead works fine in AGP 1x mode, but how do I set it to run in 4x?

The motherboard BIOS is Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, but it only provides an AGP 8X Enable/Disable option, no AGP speed selection.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

This is not an uncommon problem. Matrox put this on their support site;

We do not have a compatibility list for motherboards and chipsets.

I can tell you that this chipset is very picky about the display adapter and in certain cases will only work with a 1.5 volt AGP card and not with a card that would do both 1.5 and 3.3 volt as is the case with the G400, G450 and G550 cards.

Also keep in mind that this chipset is from a manufacturer that also producess display adapters and is more in tune to work with its own display adapters.

You should check with them and see what display adapters have been tested.
    Going a bit further there is a known issue with the nForce AGP implementation that can cause the graphics adapter to fall back to PCI mode. Of course you're far less likely to run into this if you're using one of their products

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks.

Seems like I'm lucky just to get the G400 working. That's good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
      X