Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get the Microsoft DV codec

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how I can get the Microsoft DV codec installed on my machine?

I would like to create an AVI with this codec from my HuffYUV captured analog source. I'm thinking about buying a DV camcorder with DV-in and this could be a nice way to archive my old material.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Spielberg

I *think* you'll get it by trying to play a DV file with MediaPlayer while connected to internet... It probably is possible to download it separately from MS as well.

M.
    year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

I believe it forms a standard part of Windows 98 (possibly only SE?) - anyway, it's in one of those CAB files.

- Aryko

Comment

Meek, Aryko, thanks for your suggestions.

I have Windows 98 SE on CD, but I can't get it installed. Does anyone happen to know the name of the file that contains the DV codec?
        I can extract it from the CAB files.

And what FourCC does it use? I need to know this in order to register the codec correctly.

Thanks,

Spielberg

Comment

Now that I think about it, I think Windows automatically installs the relevant DV codec when you attach the camera to your computer via the firewire port. It's pretty neat.

Perhaps you could test this functionality with someone else's DV camera before taking the plunge?

- Aryko

[This message has been edited by Aryko (edited 01 November 2000).]

Comment

Working...
          X