Help! Watermark needed for wedding stationary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Watermark needed for wedding stationary

Andrea and I are in the middle of designing weding stationary. We have finalised everything, except that we would like a monotone watermark of the building in the inlay of the card. Now Andrea's grandmother has decided to create one, however erm.. her eyesight isn't quite what it was..... Unfortunatley, i cant seem to get it right either....

Anyway, I have to come up with one fast, or we'll have to use the one that she produces....

I have been told that pencil drawings make the best watermark, but I am about as artistic as a blind eskimo painting with a frozen salmon...

I have uploaded some pictures, all of which are not terribly good... but it was the best i could do.

Can anyone help or offer suggestions????

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

There are filters in Photoshop (crayon, graphic pen, ...) that turn an photo into a very artistic image (almost drawn)...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

It must be the way i have taken the photo, but the building always looks ... out of focus.... as it is in the original... I want to keep as much of the detail of the building as possible....

Using the photoshop filters, i can make the foreground look great.

I just cant seem to get it right.

I think the top photo would make the best watermark though.... What do you think?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Yes, I like the top one best of all...

Here is a good utility to convert to b&w:

(somewhere on the left is a box "channelmixtures")

I personally don't have that much experience with converting to artistic-like graphics, but perhaps first going to b&w might help...?

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

There either is a new version (with the explanation), or the older one (link at the bottom)...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

here's Tony's effort

Andrea doens't like the way that the second one is so.... uniform....

personally i quite like it!

Comment

I also like the second one.

Euhm, will the watermark be printed in colour or in b&w ? Bear in mind that it is a watermark, so text coming over it will have to be readable...

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

I made a version for you, but the pic is too big to get attached here, so I'd need either your e-Mail or a web place where I can upload it to ...

I attached a scaled down version though, please let me know what you think about it
                Attached Files
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Cheers magi, I think its fab.
                  Can you mail it to spam@bushe.co.uk??

i think the email limit there is 5MB . Let me now if you need more space.

Comment

Here's an attempt.
                    Attached Files
                    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                    Who cares?

Comment

I really like Maggi's, but in order to use it as a watermark, you'll have to reduce contrast a little and turn up brightness, or the text won't be very readable.

One good trick to make text more readable is to give it a small white soft drop shadow with an offset of 0 pixels. This will create some kind of haze behind the letters that's almost unnoticable, but increases readability a lot. You'll see this a lot in the media, if you know what you're looking for, but you won't notice it if you don't know it's there.

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Here's an (a little exaggerated) example:

AZ
                        Attached Files
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Cheers for this Mutz... i think its great

Comment

Aahh shucks...c'mon..
                            How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                            Who cares?

Comment

Last edited by Pace; 30 July 2003, 19:34.
                              Meet Jasmine.
                              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                              X