wireless network stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless network stress

just installed a wireless network at home and one of the pc's win98. can't get dhcp off the wireless router. (it's a windows 98 pc). I have tried to type in the settings from the other pc's on the network that have their addresses from dhcp. but it won't work.

Windows is on a workgroup. 2 w98 1 xp

The only thing i can see different is that on te problem pc . IP routing is enabled. How do i / where do i disable it?

Help

Is there a firewall installed on this PC?

Are you sure you've entered the correct SSID and WEP information?

If your manually setting the IP it should not be exactly the same as another PC
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

reset the router to defaults then re -ntered the settings (isp and wep @64 bit), and it worked.

Bl*ody hell it's slow. 5 minutes to copy 22mb..@ 22 megabit is a joke USB 1 is quicker. There must be a few gremlins in the system or bricks.

Comment

Having WEP enabled will give you a performance hit, how much depends on the wireless chipset used in your equipment
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
        X