Tv-out only possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tv-out only possible?

I heard great things about the G400 tv-out quality. I'm planning on building an htpc for the living room and want to connect it ONLY to the TV. Is that doable without a monitor attached? I'v had for years a G450 single head. Will this also work as TV-out only? Same quality as G400? Thanks

Myro

of course it's doable with the G400.

With the G450 it works too, but you won't have any image on the tv till after the windows drivers have loaded (provided you've set the right dualhead modes).

Comment

A singlehead G450 won't work. It has to be a dualhead card.
      Also, G450 and G550 do not have as good TV-out as G400.
      For TV-out (especially when it's only a TV, no monitor), G400 is by far the best.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

oops, kruzin is right

singlehead G450 doesn't even have TV-Out at all

Comment

You'll need a monitor attached (along with the TV) only for the initial setup of the TV output. After that, you can go ahead with simply the TV to enjoy big-screen excitement.
          OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Kruzin is right, if your trying to use a G450 SINGLE head, then you are out of luck. If you got a G400/400MAX with dualhead just follow the directions listed below to get the G400 to work with just a TV as your only output.

Good luck!
            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Working...
            X