ADS Pyro and Premiere 5.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADS Pyro and Premiere 5.1?

How does one set up Premiere 5.1 to accept a Pyro? I don't want to be stuck with videostudio...

------------------
    Deep is not the root word of depression.
    Deep is not the root word of depression.

This Premiere techdoc is a good place to start;
    http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/22b52.htm

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 31 October 2000).]

Comment

Premiere 5.1c is not a good software package
      to use with Pyro.

You can either use your *competitive* upgrade status to buy the full version of Ulead MediaStudio Pro 6 - which is every bit as powerful as Premiere *or* you can buy the new Premiere version 6, which does support Microsoft's Direct Show.

Premiere 5.1c is not compatible with Microsoft's new DIRECT SHOW capture architecture.

DV files captured by Ulead VideoStudio and Ulead MediaStudio Pro 6 are captured using Microsoft's DIRECT SHOW architecture because the Ulead applications support that. Adobe has been slow in integrating Direct Show support. Premiere 5.1c still uses the Video for Windows architecture.

There *is* a workaround - you can use Main Concept's <$100 DV codec. But why bother when you can upgrade?

Comment

I think the good Doc M will be the first to tell you that Premiere 5.1 is flaky enough with cards that it was bundled with that you don't want to mess with an unsupported card.

My experience trying to use Premiere 4.2 and 5.1 on non-bundled cards has been very poor -- very usable with Hauppauge Win/TV but no way to output back to tape, ATI AIW-pro about the same as WinTV but output to tape is too poor quality to bother with, ASUS (TNT clone with capture) works OK but quality of output back to tape is barely acceptable, G200 Marvel has great output to tape, but people who claim the Marvel works with Premiere have a different definition of "works" than I do, 4.2 seemed to work smoother with my Marvel than 5.1. I bought Media Studio Pro 5 for $50 at an Egghead auction for my Marvel and never looked at Premiere again.

Your Pyro should have come with Media Studio Pro 6VE. This works great once you download and install the DVpatchII from Ulead. I got the upgrade to full, but I'm not sure it was worth it as I've not done anything worthwhile with CG infinity or Video Paint yet.

If you insist, you can usually find bootleg copies of Adaptec's software DV codec floating around the net. You can capture with VS4. Convert the DV type 1 into DV type 2. Edit this with Premiere and DVsoft codec. Import this into VS4 and convert back to DV type 1 and finally export back to tape. IMHO, Premier is nowhere close to good enough to be worth this hassle, unless you are utterly dependent on some Premiere plugin, in which case you should buy a bundled card like the Raptor and use it instead.

If your Pyro was old stock and didn't include MSPro6VE call ADS. They sent be a new CD with MSPro6VE after I faxed them my reciept.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
        X